Received my Fragrance Buddy samples...

Belinda just sent me Fragrance Buddy's oil of pumpkin pecan waffles and it smells totally awesome....just like Tennessee's.  I can't really tell the difference.  I don't know which one you are testing Moonshine and I'll be putting Fragrance Buddy's in wax tomorrow but I can promise you Tennessee;s is the bomb.  My one wholesale account, my big one no kidding sells I would say 20 to 25 of them every week.

It's a number 1 seller and mine too.  If your not into foody's give it to someone else to try.....they will love it. lol  You can't miss with this scent that is for sure...

Trappeur 

• Like 3

FB is the one I have -- I may have Tenneessee also I will have to check on that and yes I will be having someone else test this one I have a feeling it will make me sick- although walking into bath and body works one day when they had it burning I kept searching for what it was because it was so different....

okay, my final FB questions before I order...I am just starting into food/bakery scents for wax so am struggling with some of them (my history is more with florals, lavenders, and fresh in soap):

1. Has anyone tried their Toasted Marshmallow? I have used RE but it is not strong at all in my wax (parasoy).

2. Sweet Berrylicious sounds great but it has phthalates which I want to avoid going forward. Is this type available from another supplier? I have Peak Berrylicious but it has a chemical smell for me.

fwiw, here is my list (I may now wait for a sale or add to it to get free shipping...any of these to avoid?

1. Autumn Night
  2. Bergamot Tobacco
  3. Black Pearl FB Type              
  4. Death and Decay FB
  5. Gypsy Rose
  6. Imogen Rose FB Type
  7. Lavender Sage
  8. Lord of Misrule FB Type       
  9. Lust FB Type
  10. Pink Sands Type
  11. Pumpkin Pecan Waffles Type
  12. Pumpkin Sugared Doughnut Type
  13. Serendipity Type  
  14. Supernova FB Type
  15. Toasted Marshmallow
  16. Wild Mountain Honey  (will be trying honeys from every vendor from now on!)

Daystar has been great in my wax for bakery so far. Peak, not so much.

Thanks for any advice!

Edited by maryta

You may want to add sugar cookie royale the MW dupe if your wanting to add bakery- it's amazing and I am not a fan of those scents at all 

lavender sage the MW dupe is awesome and I am going to be testing the pumpkin pecan waffles soon also

gypsy Rose MW dupe is awesome - it's the same as elements sensuous black rose and bergamot tobacco MW dupe  IMO is weak- nice scent but in 415 it really didn't throw great and I dropped it 

the rest I have not tried but FB Is a good company with great oils- I have many 1 ouncers still waiting for the test 

Another MW dupe that is wonderful is 

sea witch 

Thanks, Moonshine! That helps. I'll add the sugar cookie. The only one I've got is Sugar Cookie from Tennesee Candle and it is curing right now so I'm waiting  a bit to melt it. And I only have half of a one oz sample left. Smells ok cold. I think I used too high a %.  I've had good and bad Sultana dupes so am going to try that one, too.

I was in a new Lush store a month ago and liked Lord of Misrule...wanting to try that in soap!

Edited by maryta

Well, I haven't placed my FB order yet...I can't access my account with all my wish list stuff so I've tried for the last four days to get my password reset. I've tried contacting the company through their password request form, website contact form, direct email, and messaging on their facebook page. I've not gotten any reply. So, I am wondering if the company is doing okay... has anyone been in contact with them this week?

I haven't directly contacted them but I have been on their site the past two or three days, preparing for an order and was able to log in okay :) I know about a week ago, FB and ICS were down (they use the same kind of online store) and I couldn't get in but it's seems back to normal. Hope you're able to get to your account!

All Good Things - Not sure about this one. The quality is good, but to earthy for me.

Ancient Incense - LOVE

Black Pearl - Love, a very different lavender

Forest Nymph - great pine scent and unisex. I wonder if this could be an all year scent?

Goddess - OMGosh this is the most azaming scent. LOVE, LOVE and LOVE

Bella - Again LOVE, LOVE and Love

Golden Sands - I really like this, but it doesn't remind me of beach or water. It is a sweet innocent scent

Imogen Rose - This is a nice lovely, unique rose with a greenness to it.

Karma - is AMAZING and Wonderful

Serendipity - is Delicious. I got this from another source and it was weak. FB's is strong and amazing

Suede and Lace is perfection and great for both mean and women

Sugar Cookie Royale - Is the best sugar cookie out there

Tea and Cakes - Is my Favorite scent ever!!!!!! 

I am off to place another order. I will keep you guys posted

• Like 1

Does FB have descriptions anywhere?

or IFRA information? Other dupes of scents like You Snap The Whip are technically skin/soap safe, but at extremely LOW levels. I have a really hard time buying from suppliers that don't have the safety info posted :(

Edited by TallTayl

11 minutes ago, Chronic_Sniffer said:

Go to the individual page for the scent, and if you scroll down, you'll see the IFRA info

Have tried that... On several fragrances. ... :) I am on an iPad and see nothing. No info except the name of the fragrance and 16 oz container.

Hold on. Their mobile site is horrible. The pic view helps. Wow are usage rates low on black pearl and other dupes. And incomplete on snap the whip, which is a super low rate yet marked as skin safe...

Edited by TallTayl

Don't have much to add but I did not care for FB's American Cream. Smelled like ant spray to me and didn't change in soap or candle. I finally mixed it with some other FOs to make it usable but the candles I made with the blend are selling slowly.

Their Dead Sexy is very feminine and I use it in my soap line.

Gypsy Rose is a dupe of MW GR and its dead on. Its a very heady deep dark geranium red rose type. Think of Don Juan tea roses or deep red roses for Valentine's day.

Goddess is also a MW dupe and dead on. They sure do get their dupes right. I am impressed how good they are. Goddess is a sultry, earthy, ancient spices, seductress type of scent. I can picture Cleopatra or Mata Hari wearing this as their perfume. Its a huge seller for me.

That's all I've tried to date. I want to order the Merlin's Forest MW dupe as I loved it when MW had it. I am hoping it smells the same. Then I can use it in my men's shaving soaps.

• 1 year later...
On 2/18/2016 at 5:40 PM, Jesusismygrace said:

All Good Things - Not sure about this one. The quality is good, but to earthy for me.

Ancient Incense - LOVE

Black Pearl - Love, a very different lavender

Forest Nymph - great pine scent and unisex. I wonder if this could be an all year scent?

Goddess - OMGosh this is the most azaming scent. LOVE, LOVE and LOVE

Bella - Again LOVE, LOVE and Love

Golden Sands - I really like this, but it doesn't remind me of beach or water. It is a sweet innocent scent

Imogen Rose - This is a nice lovely, unique rose with a greenness to it.

Karma - is AMAZING and Wonderful

Serendipity - is Delicious. I got this from another source and it was weak. FB's is strong and amazing

Suede and Lace is perfection and great for both mean and women

Sugar Cookie Royale - Is the best sugar cookie out there

Tea and Cakes - Is my Favorite scent ever!!!!!! 

I am off to place another order. I will keep you guys posted

Have you tried FB signature sugar cookie. Im searching for a good sugar cookie and was wondering if theres any difference between the royale + signature ?

Bella doesn't include a description Or Goddess - how would you best describe them ?