Received my Fragrance Buddy samples...

Ok, this is my 3rd and hopefully final attempt to type and post this. Stupid laptop. I hit something and poof, my post disappeared.

I put these in tarts last night:

Pumpkin Pecan Waffles - light scent, smells good but I dont detect much pumpkin. I can smell the pecan and a light maple bakery scent.

Cranberry Woods - No idea what the original smells like but this would be a nice holiday scent. 

These are OOB only:

Cinnamon Broomsticks - smells nice & strong. Will probably be a keeper

Pumpkin Pie Perfection - can smell the pumpkin and the spice. Very similar to The Great Pumpkin (Candlesource) and Pumpkin Pie (BCN)

Pumpkin - ehh, just ok. too light for my taste

Salted Caramel - smells yummy. Very similar to CW's version. 

Ok, hoping this posts....

Edited by megandgarr
  • Like 2

I just received samples for FB as well. I must admit that I was surprisingly impressed with them OOB. These are the ones I received:

Fierce - Lush type - not sure on this one yet - going to put it in soap and will compare to Natures garden version

Rock star - Lush type - strong and nice OOB - will soap this one

Avobath - Lush type - strong but smells like a lemon verbena scent, wondering if this one got mixed up

Twilight woods - my daughters fav - still trying to find one that we like, strong OOB, but has a waxy,musky smell I don't like

Salted Caramel - smells awesome OOB, and like Justa said, no strong nutty smell. I'm hopeful on this one. I have no Caramel or nut scents in my line, because I just can't handle that overpowering nutty aroma that is in most Caramel scents.

Pink Sands - nice. Will put in wax soon

Black Rasp Vanilla - smells good, typical...

Pepperberry Wreath - strong OOB. Reminds me of mistletoe, I will put in wax. I know some say they sell it year round, so I'm excited to see if it is less holiday like when in wax.

I will report back in a few days when put into applications. :)

Pleeeeeese do report back.  All of those are some of my very favorite type of scents!  :)

I haven't tried it yet, but what about Lime Margarita? Moonshine & Proud Marine Mom have made me crazy over it & I haven't even smelled it yet!

I had this going all day yesterday and I am in LOVE with it.... I do have to say in soy the strength is super strong but the longevity is not that great- I am re-pouring in parasoy tomorrow to see if it lasts longer - I am just in awe how well you smell the lime the tequila and the salt!- amazing

Edited by moonshine

I had this going all day yesterday and I am in LOVE with it.... I do have to say in soy the strength is super strong but the longevity is not that great- I am re-pouring in parasoy tomorrow to see if it lasts longer - I am just in awe how well you smell the lime the tequila and the salt!- amazing

Is it a melt or candle? If melt, I do think citrus fades fast.

Is it a melt or candle? If melt, I do think citrus fades fast.

Melts- candles are still curing- maybe tomorrow I can light that up and see- it should last throughout the candle I just hope I don't get a fuel smell with the wick

Poured them all yesterday!

First impressions are underlined below:

Pumpkin Pecan Waffles=Buttered Popcorn

STILL think all PPW's smell like buttered popcorn!

Birthday Cake-sweet and not weak.

Strong and smells like Peaks to me. Did not want to mix well with my wax.

Cinnamon Broom-VERY strong. Does smell like the cinnamon brooms/pinecones.

Indeed strong. Will have to see about this one when melting.

Pumpkin Pie Perfection-Stronger than some PP scents. Spicy (but I like that).

This one has promise. Longevity will be what I am after!

Strawberry Shortcake-smells a bit like Strawberry air freshener but I get a sense this one will be different in wax.

Smells like the Strawberry I use. The cake part does not come through super strong but this is good. Did not want to mix well with my wax.

Salted Caramel-I get both the salted and caramel notes. Could it be that I found a caramel without nutty notes?

NOT certain on this one. Smells weak in wax.

Sugar Cookie (FB blend)-STRONG and sweet.

Strong and smells like Peaks to me. Did not want to mix well with my wax.

Pumpkin Spiced-VERY spicy and strong.

It is spicy and could be good. Perhaps even mixed with the Pumpkin Pie. Will know more when melted.

Cinnamon Pumpkin Bread-Sweet and spicy. This one is a repeat for me. It was yummy in wax. It smells weak compared to all of these other super spicy ones I got this round!

Lemonade-Sweet and tart. Lemon with NO bakery nor dust cleaner smell. Oh, I need a good lemonade so I hope for this one to work out.

This one is a true lemonade. I actually have one melting already this morning and it is STRONG! I have an open floorplan home and it is traveling several rooms.

Pumpkin Apple-Smells like clean perfume. Really.

Still uncertain what this smells like.

Blue Raspberry Jolly Rancher-Smells like a blue slushie from when I was a kid. My line tends toward authentic/realistic scents so this one may not work.

ALL Blue Raspberry scents smell the same to me. All have a slight plastic/artificial scent.

Harvest Gathering-sweet and spicy. A touch of apple. Mulled, no heavy orange. This one OOB is one of my favs.

This one reminds me of one of mine from MC. I have to get out a few of those melts to compare.

Last but not least....Fairy Garden-smells like some Kudzu FO's I have tried. Sweet, grapey but wine like. Has a note OOB that I am not fond. Will see once in wax.

Okay. This Fairy Garden is like a blend of Kudzu and Vineyard. Has a slight licorice scent to me,

I will share more as I melt them!

MS, do you think the coffee bean has the same type of scent as a grape hard candy OOB? I haven't put it in wax yet, just incense.

MS, do you think the coffee bean has the same type of scent as a grape hard candy OOB? I haven't put it in wax yet, just incense.

I had to go open it up again and your right.... It does have a grape hard candy note- I have not used it yet so it will be interesting what it does in wax

I had a lady ask the other day if I had a coffee scent candle- I guess I am going to have to test it soon

Poured these Yesterday.  Here are my first impressions in wax tarts:

Fierce - Lush type - This is a very pleasant unisex scent. CT is too light for me - I feel it might surprise me with the HT. But I probably wont use in wax. IMO, it is a better soap fragrance.  I plan on soaping it today and will compare to Natures garden version
Rock star - Lush type -  Nice femine scent - unique and sweet.   In Melt: Medium strong CT.  I'm not sure that I will like it as a room scent, but teenage daughter loved it and said she would like it in her room.  I will let her test HT in a day or two.  In CP soap - soaped nicely. Scent is awesome so far. I really think it will stick. When pouring, it discolored my TD (white) soap batter to peach, but when I cut the soap log the color had turned back to white. IT was very interesting. I really like this is soap!

Avobath - Lush type - I am loving this one. It is very lemony.  Reminds me of a sweet lemon with a touch of green. I can not smell avocado (whatever that might be) - but the sharp lemon is tempered very well by whatever it is in there.  This is my favorite CT of all the samples, but I am a sucker for lemon and citrus. I just love it.  We will see how it burns. Let's hope for no fuel smell.  This one would be great in soap and B&B

Twilight woods - just okay - CT is light

Salted Caramel - Disappointed with this one. I am not liking this in my parasoy blend. Not sure what it smells like, but it does not resemble caramel to me.  It just smells sweet and waxy.  CT is light to medium.

Pink Sands - nice and pleasant in wax.  There is a sweet floral scent to it - not my favorite, but I think others may like it. CT is medium strong.

Black Rasp Vanilla - Ct medium - and just typical.  I am still looking for a BRV that is awesome and strong.  Any suggestions?

Pepperberry Wreath - This is awesome!!! A sweet pine forest.  It is very holidayish, but I think you could get away with calling it "Rocky Mountain Pine" ( or something) during the rest of the year.  CT is strong. We will see how it burns. Again - hope it doesn't get that weird cleaner/fuel smell when burning.

Karen,

What do you mean when you say doesn't want to mix well with my wax? Meaning they aren't a good match, VT or HT-wise, or literally, some oils don't stir into your wax easily?

Thanks!

A few did not stir in well. I typically get a cloudy look when I first add oils to my wax but after stirring for a bit, the wax becomes clear (I do not dye my wax). A few of these I stirred and stirred and the wax remained cloudy. When pouring into cups I could see a few wax beads in the bottom of my pour pot.

Ok, this is my 3rd and hopefully final attempt to type and post this. Stupid laptop. I hit something and poof, my post disappeared.

I put these in tarts last night:

Pumpkin Pecan Waffles - light scent, smells good but I dont detect much pumpkin. I can smell the pecan and a light maple bakery scent.

Cranberry Woods - No idea what the original smells like but this would be a nice holiday scent. 

These are OOB only:

Cinnamon Broomsticks - smells nice & strong. Will probably be a keeper

Pumpkin Pie Perfection - can smell the pumpkin and the spice. Very similar to The Great Pumpkin (Candlesource) and Pumpkin Pie (BCN)

Pumpkin - ehh, just ok. too light for my taste

Salted Caramel - smells yummy. Very similar to CW's version. 

Ok, hoping this posts....

I just realized that I mixed these two up in my original post. 

Correct review:

Pumpkin Pie Perfection - just ok and smells light oob

Pumpkin - can smell the pumpkin and the spice. Very similar to The Great Pumpkin (Candlesource) and Pumpkin Pie (BCN)

A few did not stir in well. I typically get a cloudy look when I first add oils to my wax but after stirring for a bit, the wax becomes clear (I do not dye my wax). A few of these I stirred and stirred and the wax remained cloudy. When pouring into cups I could see a few wax beads in the bottom of my pour pot.

Interesting. Thanks!

Black Rasp Vanilla - Ct medium - and just typical.  I am still looking for a BRV that is awesome and strong.  Any suggestions?

I have tried just about every BRV on the market.  The one from Candlewic is hands down the best and strongest!!

I have tried just about every BRV on the market.  The one from Candlewic is hands down the best and strongest!!

Thanks so much. I have not tried that one. I will have go order some, that is, if I can get over CW shipping - their shipping prices make me crazy!!!!!!! :)

I have always used Peaks BRV which is very strong and recently discovered that CW's version smells identical so I can use either interchangeably. I believe I may have posted these as twinsies in the Fragrance Twins thread. 

I have always used Peaks BRV which is very strong and recently discovered that CW's version smells identical so I can use either interchangeably. I believe I may have posted these as twinsies in the Fragrance Twins thread. 

Thank you!  I will check into this. I know I tested Peaks BRV before, but it was when I was first starting 4 years ago. I will have to revisit.  Thanks again for this pointer. 

I really like Peak's shipping - really fair, imo.  I order wax from there - and it costs almost nothing to add on fos. (in shipping anyway :))