turkey fryer

Nancy is RIGHT!

I may be becoming an "old style Masterbuilt" turkey fryer hoarder. Once I read from the ladies here that those were better than their newer version, I set out to find them. I have 2. I am, of course, always looking for more!

Nancy is RIGHT!

I may be becoming an "old style Masterbuilt" turkey fryer hoarder. Once I read from the ladies here that those were better than their newer version, I set out to find them. I have 2. I am, of course, always looking for more!

Looks like ebay is sold out! Poo!

You guys are making me feel like I should have one of these. lol.  I don't need one though. I have a presto pot and 2 turkey roasters, which if i have them all going would be almost 50 lbs of wax. lol. 

So there was a surf & turk? I thought I was making up words again!

YES! You did not make it up. Mine are Turk and Surfs.

You guys are making me feel like I should have one of these. lol.  I don't need one though. I have a presto pot and 2 turkey roasters, which if i have them all going would be almost 50 lbs of wax. lol. 

You are set! You do not need one of these. I do not know exactly how much it holds because you are to start with the element covered so I melted wax in my Presto (just the first time) and poured it in to cover and I did not mark down how much I added. I stop when I am getting close to the element again so that I have not had to start from scratch. 

You have SO many other formats (I showed your shop to a co-worker who is now interested in your lip balms and the lotion bar/sticks). Since all I make is melts, I am filling the big fryer full every Saturday (30-40 pounds). Last year, I could order just 4 cases a year!

That's sweet of you to show your co-worker my shop! I have some new products coming out soon as well. :)

Wow, 30-40 lbs every weekend!  That's amazing!!!  Good for you!!  I sell a lot of wax melts when I do shows during the fall/winter but I don't do shows during the spring/summer.  They sell ok for me on Etsy but my other products sell better.

Thanks, the first one is like the one on Craigs.  Lady never used, still in a sealed box.  She called and I'm going to pick it up today!  So very excited.

That is GREAT! It is the Turk and Surf Premium and those are harder to find than the regular Turk and Surf (black outside, not stainless and dial thermostat rather than digital).

Congrats on a great find. Hope that you love it as much as I do!

• 5 months later...

I have a question about this -

I found this same Turk n Surf fryer on craigslist, but it has been used to actually fry a turkey (2 times.)  I want to buy it, but would it even be possible to clean it well enough to use for wax?  I'm really worried that it wouldn't be able to be cleaned, and I don't want to throw money away with it if it will be unusable.

Thanks for any info!