Pet or PVC Clamshells?

ChandlerWicks

Guest OldGlory

Daisymay, I suggest going to a site like containerandpackaging.com, click on plastic jars, and then at the bottom it describes the different types of plastics.

How can you tell the difference? I get mine from eclamshell.com. Wondering if they PVC or pet? Does anyone know. ( I could not get on website to check-not sure that infos even on there) TIA

Edited by ktaggard
  • Like 1

How can you tell the difference? I get mine from eclamshell.com. Wondering if they PVC or pet? Does anyone know. ( I could not get on website to check-not sure that infos even on there) TIA

Yes..that is where I got my last shipment and I didn't see where it said PVC or pet anywhere??

Here's the link where I found PVC & PET clamshells.

http://candlepackagingusa.com/melt-clamshells

I bit more pricey then eclamshells - plus they have 2 and 3 case minimums.  Here is how they compared: eclamshells PVC clamshells are about .17 cents a piece and  Candle Packaging USA PET clamshells is about .25 cents - both included shipping.

I only found one other place online that identified clamshells as being  PET and PVC -  they were same price, in fact looked like the same company to me.

ChandlerWicks - are you planning on purchasing any PET clamshells? I will go in on some with you if you are.  I would love to test and see for myself if they have better scent retention.

Man - I sometimes I hate the perfectionist in me!!! Now I feel like I have to get to the bottom of this.

I bit more pricey then eclamshells - plus they have 2 and 3 case minimums.  Here is how they compared: eclamshells PVC clamshells are about .17 cents a piece and  Candle Packaging USA PET clamshells is about .25 cents - both included shipping.

I only found one other place online that identified clamshells as being  PET and PVC -  they were same price, in fact looked like the same company to me.

ChandlerWicks - are you planning on purchasing any PET clamshells? I will go in on some with you if you are.  I would love to test and see for myself if they have better scent retention.

Man - I sometimes I hate the perfectionist in me!!! Now I feel like I have to get to the bottom of this.

I'll call them tomorrow & ask if there really is a difference. I know, I always want to try the best!

I used eclamshells for my clamshells and I didn't have issues with them taking out the scent. I just got up to sniff some that I made 3 years ago in the clamshells from them and they're super strong.

Ok, the difference between PVC & Pet is: PVC can handle temps above 145, Pet can't.

Pet is more environmentally friendly.

The customer service rep. said she had never heard of PVC sucking the scent out of wax. Another reason she said PET is used, is because there are two fOs that turn weird in PVC, vanilla & banana, it's one specific brand. she said she has been researching to find out which brand it is, but nothing so far.

So I'll stick with the cheaper PVC.

• 2 weeks later...