New Site + Shipping

rctfavr3

Hey all I'm working on a new website and was wondering how I should set up shipping rules. Based on the websystem I'm using...I am forced to set up my shipping rules per cart total instead of by individual weight...Meaning if the cart total = X amount the shipping is X amount or a percentage of the cart total. I know this is kinda strange but that's the only option the system currently allows for, though they may offer something else in the future. Anyway...

My question is; based on the hypothetical totals below (shown as a range) what would you expect to be a fair and reasonable shipping cost (or percentage) for each range:

$1 to $8 =

$9 to $16 =

$17 to $30 =

$31 to $40 =

$41 to $60 =

$61 to $76 =

$77 to $99 = 

$99 to $200 =

$201 to $460 =

$461 to $700 =

$701 to $999 =

$1000 to $10000 =

Thank you for your help

That kind of shipping is a real problem. If you can do it set it up with $5 plus a percent. That way if you sell a small Candle/soap your shipping is covered. Most likely you are going to eat a bit of shipping cost but if should only be a small bit. I would do $5 plus 10% to 15%.

If you just use a percent you will eat a lot of shipping. and a Flat fee you will either over charge or way under charge.

That kind of shipping is a real problem. If you can do it set it up with $5 plus a percent. That way if you sell a small Candle/soap your shipping is covered. Most likely you are going to eat a bit of shipping cost but if should only be a small bit. I would do $5 plus 10% to 15%.

If you just use a percent you will eat a lot of shipping. and a Flat fee you will either over charge or way under charge.

Unfortunately I can only do either, not both at the same time. Which do you think would be the better option, fixed flat prices per range or percentage per range?

That is weird most carts allow for a handling charge.   Either way you are going to be eating the cost or over charging.  I would do the fixed flat rate. I would still start of with $5 most people will except $5 on shipping even a small inexpensive item.