need ideas

Guest OldGlory

Guest OldGlory

I found tins that I want to do something with, but I need some fresh ideas. They were really inexpensive and if I can figure out what to do with them I'll go back and buy the rest of them.

The tins are round, 6" across, 1" tall, and they aren't thick enough to pour wax into, so making a candle is out of the question. I want to sell them to stores that are 'General Store' types - you know, old time provisioners.

Some things I have considered are:

1. a big old 6 oz slab of wax to be cut for tarts

2. silk flower petals dipped in M&P

3. shaped tarts, like ducks, teddy bears, etc

4. filling with small tealights or maxi tealights (will only hold three loosely)

5. putting in sachets - maybe 4 or 5 whatever it will hold

6. cut up chunk tarts (think pieces of fudge)

So far, none of these ideas are doing anything for me.

Edited by OldGlory

Guest OldGlory

Yes, they have lids. They are so adorable and a sort of prim label on them will be adorable. Got that part covered, just can't decide what to put in them.

I do not know if you will like this idea but what about a mini outage kit. You could put 3 maxi in it with some matches put a really cute name on it. I think that might be a big hit. If it is attractive they can be displayed at home and be useful if needed.

• Like 1

Love Vicky's idea!

Or you can scent baby pine cones to be used as room fresheners

Potpourri

Or your salts you talked about in another thread- but not sure if the FO would wreck havoc on the tin

I like the shaped melts idea also and you can push mix and match to make your own scent

You could just simply fill them with lavender buds or chamomile to sell for bath additives - or the M&P dipped rose petals would be great for that too!

Smaller shaped sugar scrub cubes

Bath salts

That's all I got! Lol

Guest OldGlory

Great ideas, gals! I simply adore creative people!

Salts will rust the tin - tried it years ago. Potpourri might work. Hmmm...

mini-sampler tin?  put in small wrapped melts of different fo's- put bakery types in one, "fresh/clean" in another,  seasonal ones, etc... for a theme, like put a small ornament in a xmas one for a small gift tin? nestle them on shredded paper on the inside?  or do a combination, wax melt/bag of petals with mp/cute firestarter/bag of tealights-  you;ll have to post some pics of the tins too...  these would be so fun to create different things to put inside!