Credit Card Fraud (AGAIN)

annie123

My business credit card got hit too! I about hit the roof yesterday when I got my statement. All of them showing Apple I tunes store charges, and totaling up about $1000.00. I am so pissed off! I called the bank right after and reported ithe fraudulant charges, and had them issue me a new card...went to my local branch today, just makes me feel better than talking with someone over the phone. They are investigating, and the charges should hopefully be taken off. I don't even have an apple i tunes account. This is just crazy!

Everyone be careful!

It sure is crazy.  Thank goodness you were right on top of your account & caught it immediately.  Last time this happened to me, it was Apple I tunes as well along with some gaming site charges.  What a waste of smarts.  Why work for it when you can steal from someone who does.   :angry:       

I dont have a business credit card but my personal credit card was fraudulently charged a couple of nights ago. Luckily they declined the charge immediately and sent me an email asking me to call and validate the other charges that had processed (all other charges were valid). I was able to close my account right away. It is scary how easily it happens. This is the second time this has happened in about a period of 8-9 months. It is a PITA to close the account and switch over my bills to the new card number but much better than getting stuck with a whopping charge that wasnt mine. 

I just got hit with $354.92 at Paypal-eretailparts in Ca. I used Papermart, Candlewic, Aztec, Community Candles, Elements, Sweetcakes, Wellington, Online Labels anyone use any of those before they got hit?

The fraudulant charges started on 4/2 all of them on the statement show APL*APPLE ITUNES STORE 866-712-7753 CA

I ordered from 2 suppliers on 4/2 also and they are listed before the fraudulant charges..The Herbarie and Wholesale supplies plus. other suppliers on the statement prior was Columbus Foods, Millcreek, Natures Garden, Soapsupplies.net, and Tennessee Candle-I called in and placed my order.

The fraudulant charges started on 4/2 all of them on the statement show APL*APPLE ITUNES STORE 866-712-7753 CA

I ordered from 2 suppliers on 4/2 also and they are listed before the fraudulant charges..The Herbarie and Wholesale supplies plus. other suppliers on the statement prior was Columbus Foods, Millcreek, Natures Garden, Soapsupplies.net, and Tennessee Candle-I called in and placed my order.

One or more of the suppliers has been hacked, thank heavens the card companies correct the charges.

• 2 months later...

I learned recently that even credit card processors have been hacked.  I finally opened a card with Bank of America which lets you create a virtual credit card number to use online.  I did run into one company that refused it but they did take Paypal.