KY Parasoy Tart Wax

sandy511

Hoping for some suggestions.....

I am not happy with the scent throw in my tarts anymore but I have too much KY wax left to add it to my wax collection that I have bought/tested/& tossed aside.  Any thoughts on what I might be able to mix with it, for better HT?  I use scalloped tins.

Also, I read somewhere on here that the bags the tarts are packaged in may be "sucking the FO out of the tarts", (for lack of better words).  Please help me in distinguishing the "right" bags from the "wrong" bags!! 

These are the waxes I have on hand:

C3

1288 Mottling wax

CBL 129

Candlewic Palm 1, 2 & 3

J225

Clarus Statis 3078

SP Wax (Crafter's Choice WSP) 

Ecosoya PB Pillar Soy

Ecosoya CB135

IGI 4633

Will any of these mix with the KY wax for better HT?  If not, does anyone see a nice combo they wouldn't mind sharing? After reading up, I need more wax like I need a hole in the head, but I think I'd like to order some 4625 and try mixing that with 415 next.....after I get rid of this KY wax.....

Thank you in advance for any insight you might be able to share.

I will start by saying that I have not used all of the waxes you have listed. Of those I have, I would suggest trying 4794. I will add (since you brought it up!) that 4625 is an outstanding wax. I will also add that by your list of waxes, you remind me of me. Sorry about that! haha! It can be maddening. It is an awesome feeling to have settled on a wax blend and kept it for some time! You will get there, too.

The cello bags you will want to use/purchase are polypropylene. Not polyethylene.

Thank you so much Karen & guess what....I haven't used (tested) all the waxes I have listed either.  Hehe!  Now THAT'S bad!  Talk about biting off more than you can chew!

I thought I was satisfied with the KY wax & I have used it for quite some time now, but you know what they say--the grass is always greener on the other side.  It just seems like it can be better....

4794 makes the most sense to me.  That's where I think I will start--I appreciate your help--thanks again.

Oh how I wish I hadn't stumbled onto this thread! I'd thought I had FINALLY settled on which wax I was going to use for my clamshells and it was KY para/soy tart wax! LOL! 

I haven't done a lot of testing with it myself but what I've melted seems to be good so far and my customers seem to be happy with their clams. But like  Karen, I also use 4625 when I make melts in silicone molds. I've used 4794 also and like it too. They are both great waxes.

I will not try another wax blend, I will not try another wax blend, I will not try another wax blend,................yea right! LOL!

Good luck to you. It can be maddening for sure!

Oh how I wish I hadn't stumbled onto this thread! I'd thought I had FINALLY settled on which wax I was going to use for my clamshells and it was KY para/soy tart wax! LOL! 

I haven't done a lot of testing with it myself but what I've melted seems to be good so far and my customers seem to be happy with their clams. But like  Karen, I also use 4625 when I make melts in silicone molds. I've used 4794 also and like it too. They are both great waxes.

I will not try another wax blend, I will not try another wax blend, I will not try another wax blend,................yea right! LOL!

Good luck to you. It can be maddening for sure!

I am saying this chant right now with you!

Thank you for the help on the bags also!! I can't believe I never knew there was a difference?!!!  Anyone care to share how they package their (scalloped tin) tarts & where is the best place to purchase the bags?  I usually package mine stacked 4 per bag & tied with some twine & a kraft label. My 4625 is on the way.....it won't be here until Monday.  Those of you who mix it with 415, do you prefer 50/50 or 70/30?