Hourglass Candle Jar

I have a question that has just been eating me up. I have for a long time wanted to make my candles in hourglass shaped jars much like the WoodWick company. The problem is I simply cannot find a manufacturer of these shaped jars.

Now I have found a 6 oz version sold by candlemakingsupplies.net here.

But I cannot find anything in a 12-16 oz size anywhere. Now I do know that Libbey made the Interlude line which is roughly hourglass but the top is straight and I hate the way that looks.

I know these jars are still sold by someone because Heritage Candles still sells them here

I have contacted them and as you might imagine they aren't at liberty to say where they source them from.

So does anyone know where I may be able to get these from?

Is this what you are looking for? Sorry about all the "junk"...tried to delete and deleted the pic! Ackk! :)

Call Us Toll Free 1.888.968.7220

• btn_fb.png
  • btn_tw.png
  • btn_gplus.png
  • btn_pin.png
  • btn_blog.png

logo.png10 oz Linden Jars (cap not included) item # 93068

10-oz-Linden-Jars__58220.1354415983.240.240.jpg?c=1

10-oz-Linden-Jars__58220.1354415983.1280.1280.jpg?c=1

Loading zoom

LeftArrow.png

• 10-oz-Linden-Jars__58220.1354415983.40.40.jpg?c=1

RightArrow.png

Click to enlarge

SKU:

canjar-34

Brand:

Bulk Apothecary

Condition:

Weight:

Rating:

IcoRating4.png1 product review

Availability:

Shipping:

Calculated at checkout

Minimum Purchase:

unit(s)

Maximum Purchase:

unit(s)

:

Gift Wrapping:

Original Price:

Choose Your Options

* Quantity:

• Single Jar - $3.28 each
  • -Case of 12 Jars - $19.68 per case
    Product Description
    Our 10 oz Linden Jars are beautifully crafted and are great for use with candles or for storing other items.
    Reviews
    There are 1 review(s) for this product

• love these jars IcoRating4.png
    by regina chupp – 13th Jun 2013
    I love these jars for candles! Look great with a ribbon around them.

Edited by puma52

To me this looks like the real McCoy that ranaecandles is looking for . You know, I hadn't really "looked" at the jars that I have, but they definitely have that flat side at the top....I really like the look of these TRULY curved jars. I found this supplier about a couple months ago. I haven't ordered from them...but they are on my Favorites list. They do look like a nice good company to purchase from. :) Hey and if you were looking for these too Chandlerwicks, glad I could help! :)

BA is about a 1/2 hour from me in Ohio, when I'm there of course!

To me this looks like the real McCoy that ranaecandles is looking for . You know, I hadn't really "looked" at the jars that I have, but they definitely have that flat side at the top....I really like the look of these TRULY curved jars. I found this supplier about a couple months ago. I haven't ordered from them...but they are on my Favorites list. They do look like a nice good company to purchase from. :) Hey and if you were looking for these too Chandlerwicks, glad I could help! :)

Is this what you are looking for? Sorry about all the "junk"...tried to delete and deleted the pic! Ackk! :)

Yes those are great, I just wish they came in a bigger size. I really trying to find a 14 oz size of these.

By the way in case anyone was wondering, I also found the 9.5 oz size at

YesSupplyCo.

Yes those are great, I just wish they came in a bigger size. I really trying to find a 14 oz size of these.

By the way in case anyone was wondering, I also found the 9.5 oz size at

YesSupplyCo.

You know what...I think it would be worth the gamble to ask both the Yes Supply Co and Bulk Apothecary if they can order in the larger sizes. You might be pleasantly surprised. :)

Yes Mamm! WSP & NG are within an hour also. Woo Hoo!

Oh Gracious!!! WSP!!! I would be SO there!! I have placed several orders from them and have REALLY liked their product! Good Stuff...Good Stuff!! NG has some great fragrances and product too!! Jealous I am....BUT happy for you !! :)

Edited by puma52

Sooner or later I'll go back! I'm ready to start selling!

Oh Gracious!!! WSP!!! I would be SO there!! I have placed several orders from them and have REALLY liked their product! Good Stuff...Good Stuff!! NG has some great fragrances and product too!! Jealous I am....BUT happy for you !! :)

Sooner or later I'll go back! I'm ready to start selling!

At the right time and place you will go back ...give in to your need.....make some NEW awesome goodies that are begging you to make them :) and get to selling girl! :) That's what I am going to do today once the Candle Cave warms up a little more.....I have some new scents from ICS, Candle Science and Backwoods.....will be making those tester wicks in the Maxi Tea Lights and also some jar candles....hope to do some selling at work come Monday....brrr just a little chilly right now, but we are going to have an awesome warm day here in good ole Tennessee! :) Will probably crank up my two crock pots next weekend and make some new scents in soap. The sunshine and Spring getting closer just kinda does that to a person. :)

Edited by puma52

We wanna see what you make Puma!!

Practicing my 'ooooo's' and 'ahhhh's' early!

Hee hee....you gotta wait and see........ :) I'll tell ya this though...I am ready to make candles in the beautiful Spring colors.....so ready to shake this Winter off !! :)

You know what...I think it would be worth the gamble to ask both the Yes Supply Co and Bulk Apothecary if they can order in the larger sizes. You might be pleasantly surprised. :)

One step ahead of you. I inquired with both companies about larger sizes of these items and they both said they could not get them. There is one company that I know of who still sells the 14 oz variety and I also asked them ... as you might imagine they were less than helpful in giving me a name of the manufacturer. I could understand this if I were direct competition for them, but I'm a small one person operation 5 states away from them. Oh well the search continues.

One step ahead of you. I inquired with both companies about larger sizes of these items and they both said they could not get them. There is one company that I know of who still sells the 14 oz variety and I also asked them ... as you might imagine they were less than helpful in giving me a name of the manufacturer. I could understand this if I were direct competition for them, but I'm a small one person operation 5 states away from them. Oh well the search continues.

Oh, for Pete's sake!!! Wouldn't you think they would help you out by ordering some of these in on their next order?! I'm so sorry ranaecandles! Someone out there has got to have what you are looking for and wanting.....

Edited by puma52

• 4 years later...
On 3/3/2014 at 10:45 PM, ranaecandles said:

I have a question that has just been eating me up. I have for a long time wanted to make my candles in hourglass shaped jars much like the WoodWick company. The problem is I simply cannot find a manufacturer of these shaped jars.

Now I have found a 6 oz version sold by candlemakingsupplies.net here.

But I cannot find anything in a 12-16 oz size anywhere. Now I do know that Libbey made the Interlude line which is roughly hourglass but the top is straight and I hate the way that looks.

I know these jars are still sold by someone because Heritage Candles still sells them here

I have contacted them and as you might imagine they aren't at liberty to say where they source them from.

So does anyone know where I may be able to get these from?

I have some 22oz hour glass containers

Email me at lonnie-papajohns@hotmail.com