IGI 4625 vs IGI 4627?

paintednightsky

Currently I use a parasoy blend and the paraffin component is 4627. On CS both IGIs look the same in threshold of 6% FO and the only difference I see is 4625 has a higher melting point. I had picked the lower MP because I figured it would melt wax quicker and give off scent quicker, but now I am wondering if it would be worthwhile to test 4625 after reading around? :confused: I think that is one of the few waxes I haven't tried yet since I thought it was too similar to 4627 that I use.

You should try it. It is not similar to 4627. It is a pillar wax, where 4627 is a container wax. It comes in slab form and it is very hard. I bust up my cases/slabs with a chisel and hammer that are used only for this purpose. If you are looking for a wax similar to 4627, 4630 would be a closer choice. All 3 of these are outstanding waxes for melts.

If I had to choose between the two (4794 an 4625) to blend in a melt, I would choose 4794. I use both of these waxes, and the 4794 is EXCELLENT in my votive's - which, let's face it, is basically a melt with a wick. LOL

I have used 4625 with additives for my melts, (before 4794 was ever around) but like the 4794 much better for this application.

I concur with Karen regarding the 4625. I use all paraffin in my melts and typically a 50/50 blend of a container and pillar/votive wax. In my opinion the 4625 & 4794 are both very comparable, however the longevity in my experience has been better with the 4625. Others have experienced the exact opposite so go figure. The 4630 or 4627 both work well as the container portion of my melts however I opt for the 4630. I personally get a slightly better HT using the 4630 over the 4627 and the 4630 is much easier to use so that is my preference. Again, others have experienced better HT with using the 4627 over the 4630 so it is really a matter of testing and what works best for you but I think you will go wrong with a combination of either.