Low cost items you use to make candles

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those black dishes from Smart Ones or Lean Cuisine...I use them for: spoon rests, under ladel when transferring wax (presto/no pour spout) and to dump wax from melters when scent is gone.

They work great, wax just pops right out when hardened and goes either back in the pot if clean or into my fire starter wax collection! When they start to get bad, I toss them.

I am glad this tread came back, sooooooo many good ideas.

Here are mine, the food trays from Stouffers etc. grease catching mettle cups from wally world for poring pots, old cutting boards and coffee pots from Craig's list curb alerts (read free stuff if you are not familiar with this wonderfulness). Hand me down wood chisel for scraping wax, dollar store rubber moon mold (soooooo cute) ultra cheep bead organizers form the craft store to hold lots of dye chips do i can see them all. And an old meat cleaver to help break up stubborn wax slabs. Deli cups to measure out send.

On and one more just today, an empty juice jug for scrap wax.

1) Clothes Pins - to help secure my wicks

2) Popsicle stick (large size) to easily scrape the wax off my table right intot trash can.

3)Free extra large steel door from my husband's work as the top of one of my pouring tables in my workshop. We placed it on some storage cabinets so I have storage under it and space in between to slide my stools in. It's level, and steel so it's easy for cleanup no staining with dyes, etc.

Guest LightofDawn

Sorry, if I already posted this but I also buy those cheap dollar store shower caps (15 for a $1)and use them to cover my pour pots and my presto pot (after they are cooled of course) to keep the dust out.

Sorry, if I already posted this but I also buy those cheap dollar store shower caps (15 for a $1)and use them to cover my pour pots and my presto pot (after they are cooled of course) to keep the dust out.

OOH thanks, I love this idea. I think I need to read this whole thread.

The only one that I can think of that hasn't been mentioned is a window paint scraper. I have a glass top stove that I have my presto on and when I pour or dip from it I'm always sloppy. I didn't want to use metal to scrape up drops of wax so I thought of using the window scraper. I use it on my counters also.

I made a new one today. I had a finished pillar that was sooooo stuck, so I pulled the wick pin out and stuck the straw of my can of WD-40 in the hole and gave it a good spray. Pillar fell right out then! :)