Disappointed with Rustic Escentuals / Aroma Haven's Customer Service

smellywax

I used to order my FO's exclusively from RE for years but then I started trying a few from other companies because of reviews here I read etc. Well I noticed in the past 2 years, my FO's from RE going rancid faster or losing/changing their scent compared to the ones from other companies. I have always had my fo's last at least a year without going bad and usually a LOT longer. RE always had excellent customer service...until now :undecided I ordered some FO's recently including 1 to replace one that went bad after 11 months and when I received them I noticed the one I was replacing wasn't as strong as it usually is (but I said nothing) and another one was totally off from what it usually smelled like. It isn't one of their best selling fragrances but one my husband enjoys so I know this scent. I sent them an email and was told that they checked and there was nothing wrong with it. As a customer of theirs for 13 years, I think I know when something is bad or off. I told them of my disappointment and got no response. I will take my business elsewhere even if it means paying more.

I use a lot of their KY oils, but I have had quite a few duds from their RE/AH line. I truly out of a lot of testing haven't found one that I just "gotta have" from outside of the KY line. :-/ Maybe I am a little too picky, I dunno, but some of their oils just don't give me the warm/fuzzy feeling. I don't think that Vickey is their tech support anymore either, which is certainly not an asset to them as well in my book. I have talked to Mel a few times but I guess I got in the "KY rut" and don't see myself digging out of it anytime soon. LOL

Now that we got the negative out of the way, LOL, I really do appreciate their free samples that they provide including the candy. :-) It puts a smile on my face everytime. I believe they are one of the few companies that provide 2 free samples which does provide me with that "wow" factor. :-)

I really do appreciate their free samples that they provide including the candy. :-) It puts a smile on my face everytime. I believe they are one of the few companies that provide 2 free samples which does provide me with that "wow" factor. :-)

They don't offer free samples with any purchase now...must spend certain $$ amount and selection is very limited :(

They don't offer free samples with any purchase now...must spend certain $$ amount and selection is very limited :(

Really? That's a shame. I didn't know that. I'm sure they're tightening their bottom line like everyone.

Edited by marcuset

YIKES! Just looked at their website and saw that they did change their sample policy. Very disappointed. :-(

Unless I need a KY scent I probably will not be ordering from there. However, there are a few KY scents that I absolutely adore and don't know that I could part with. Otherwise, I would ditch them as a supplier.

I am sorry for everyone that has had a difficult experience there. However, I am surely glad that we have this board to help our fellow candle makers. :yay:

I've been using many of their oils in soap, b&b and candles (bee and soy) for the past 6 years or so. Some are among the best sellers and best in class (Hello Lemon Verbena!) quick shipment, reasonable prices and a wide assortment keep me coming back. They make my short list of supplioers for sure.

Tam1116, must be location based. Shipping on 4 lbs from them to me yesterday was only about $12. I got that same shipping sticker shock trying to order from PureFragranceOils.com at $9 a lb to ship. Eek. Before giving up the ghost i should probably give them a call and see if we have options.

Sorry to hear about your experience. I hope things get resolved for you :)

I have been using a good number of AHRE's fragrance oils for many years and haven't noticed a change in the quality of the FO's or the customer service. My shipments are packed and shipped fairly quickly.

I have been buying from them for 2 years now with no problems, BUT I just realized one that I just used the other day wasnt as strong as it used to be AND had a different smell to it....this does make me think...and by the way, it was their Pink Sugar... =( I actually have any order placed to get more but am going with Peaks this time...due to all the posts on here Ive read of them....I am so grateful for this site....I have only one complaint of this site...when I come on here to read about one thing, I end up reading on here for hours...lol!!! Ok....Im additicted to this group...and love all the members on here...I dont often comment on here....but do know I appreciate you ALL!!! <3

There was some change in CS of RE? I remember vaguely it was another woman who was very helpful, but ever since the change, their CS severely lacks. They are good as long as you don't have questions or have issues with your order. Quality I haven't noticed changing although I noticed a few FO sample bottles going rancid very quick (meaning maybe 2-3 out of many I've tried which I guess isn't too bad).

Edited by paintednightsky

Yep, Ms. Vickey (previous owner of Kentucky Candle Supply). She came on for a time to help with the transition & did an excellent job & has since moved on to other interests. I haven't had any problems myself with the new customer service, but I haven't ordered much from them lately either. They do have a few favorite oils of mine. Very sorry for your experience, Smellywax. If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't blame you for how you feel.

Oh yeah now I remember Vickey! She was very helpful about the product and seemed truly enthusiastic about what she was doing. I remember her posting often and just being very helpful with her knowledge. Now when I email I don't get a reply or I get an unhelpful reply so I don't bother e-mailing them anymore. I don't recommend their liquid colors. One of them is supposed to be pink and it is a red with only one little drop and their blueberry is the palest sky blue even at about 6 drops and this is in parasoy. I don't have issues with liquid color from other suppliers. Also don't recommend their clam shells since some have pin holes that leak wax all over, but now I buy in bulk anyway.

Edited by paintednightsky