Candle Cocoon Favorites??

Moneypenny

I would love to know what I am doing wrong with CC oils. The only one that works for me is Sultry Angel. I followed the instruction to a "T" with all the CC oils; when following instruction toa "T" did not work, I tried a bit more FO, then a bit less and...... nothing, nada, zip, zilch. Using paraffin and parasoy. Finally gave up on them (except, SA).

I would love to know what I am doing wrong with CC oils. The only one that works for me is Sultry Angel. I followed the instruction to a "T" with all the CC oils; when following instruction toa "T" did not work, I tried a bit more FO, then a bit less and...... nothing, nada, zip, zilch. Using paraffin and parasoy. Finally gave up on them (except, SA).

I don't have the best luck with them in palm wax but I was using the recommended usage percentages. I think I am going to give the ones I have and up the percentage to see if they are better. Don't get me wrong they have a good hot throw but I would like them a little stronger. I think that will next weekends project.

I use Creme Brulee Cafe, Cranberry Compote, Seashells, Sultry Angel, Vanilla Voodoo.

I will be in Madison in the beginning of February so I am hoping to stop at her new store to see if I can get sniffs of some of her other FOs.

I don't have the best luck with them in palm wax but I was using the recommended usage percentages. I think I am going to give the ones I have and up the percentage to see if they are better. Don't get me wrong they have a good hot throw but I would like them a little stronger. I think that will next weekends project.

I use Creme Brulee Cafe, Cranberry Compote, Seashells, Sultry Angel, Vanilla Voodoo.

I will be in Madison in the beginning of February so I am hoping to stop at her new store to see if I can get sniffs of some of her other FOs.

She has a new store now? Do you know where it is located?

Orange tea and crumpets, Vanilla Voodoo, Crushed Strawberries & Rhubarb (though this is a lighter scent), Icecrystal, Winter Woodlans Whisper, Lavender Lullaby, Herbal Rosmary, Ooey gooey caramel, Blatantly Blueberry, Seeshells, Sunflower & sea Mist .....have been using them for many years now - Lyschels oils are of the best you can find out there.

Ok, I give up! For those who have great success with the CC oils, may ask about the wax you use? And do you follow the suggested % listed on the CC bottle?

TIA :-)

Forgot... do you add the CC oils at 180-185? (that's my range).

Edited by Ravens

Ok, I give up! For those who have great success with the CC oils, may ask about the wax you use? And do you follow the suggested % listed on the CC bottle?

TIA :-)

Forgot... do you add the CC oils at 180-185? (that's my range).

I use 415 and add at 175- I normally always use 1.5 ounces per pound and with hers I use 1 ounce per pound- mulberry and moonbeams is the only one I had an issue with and had to back down to .75

I never followed her directions on the bottle - hth

I've tried a few of the fragrances and have had trouble with throw as well. The fragrances smell deliscious, I just wish they were stronger. I haven't been able to get them to fill up a room the way I'd like. So far I've burned the chai latte, and the blatantly blueberry. The vanilla voodoo, mulberry and moonbeams, frankincense and myrrh, melon fig and apricot, and lavender lullaby candles are all still waiting to be burned. I used the highest percentages on the range listed on the bottles. I'm wishing I'd used more now.

The vanilla and lavender ones have a weak cold throw. The others are stronger so I have high hopes for them.

I added at 180 and I use gb444.

I've only been making candles now for about 4 weeks. Given the great reviews on CC FO's, I was thinking maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I had such great hopes for Pepper & port, and was very disappointed. It ended up smelling so bad, like a leather tanning place. Not leather, just some awful smell. Daughter walks in and goes, "eewww, what smells so gross?" Told her it was a new FO I was testing and she said, "I'd quit testing it and throw it in the garbage". Thanks, kid, lol.

Hi all, I have never ordered from Cc! But after reading all the responses I went and order,pepper n port,obey gooey caramel and lovely lilac, and omg the shipping price is gr8.

Linda

• Haha 1

To be honest, I don't mess around with temps etc. I'm using Ecosoya 135 but I have had so many waxes in the past and it never was an issue. Rely on my feeling and it always turns out great. The pepper & port smells great, nothing like you have described, Ravens. Hmm, strange.

Sugarfoot, did you have success with other fos? I'm asking because I remember having a hard time getting my candles to give off scent at all in the beginning, just like so many others here.

Sugarfoot, did you have success with other fos? I'm asking because I remember having a hard time getting my candles to give off scent at all in the beginning, just like so many others here.

I purchased from the candlemaker's store first. Lots of spice and holiday scents to give away for Christmas. I had good success with the ones I smelled burning. Monkey bomb, red hot cinnamon, mocha cappuccino, had awesome hot throws. Orange cranberry spice was great too. I didn't smell most of the others burning because they were gifts (I did get good reports thought). But the cold throws seemed stronger than CC's fragrances.

But I did use a higher % FO with the candlemaker's store. At least 1lb per oz. Sometimes more.

I have some banana nut bread from CC that I haven't poured yet. I'm going to try a higher % than she recommends on that one and see what happens.

I made a Maui Mt. Pineapple candle once from Candle Cacoon and it smelled so bad in the heated wax I threw it right outside without even testing it or actually pouring it in the jar. Also, the Cucumber Melon was not my favorite either. I have not tested any more. :undecided

I do have a sample in of the Vanilla Voodoo that everyone raves about. I have had a terrible time finding a good vanilla without that "alcohol" smell. :tongue2:

I remember talking with her a while ago about if she had a store that I could stop in and smell samples. She said no, not yet but to be honest, her oils might smell a little off of because they were so super concentrated. I don't know if I should try them now or not.