New scent blends -

Jcandleattic

I think I finally have my swirling down, now I need to get my blending a bit better.

The green/orange one is a blend of Coconut Lime Verbena mixed with Cucumber Cantaloupe. When first mixed all I could smell was coconut, and once I got it in the soap batter all I could smell and can still smell is cucumber.

The second one is a blend of Cool Water mixed with Island Nectar. The scent blend is GREAT but the colors don't exactly scream tropical. The purple top was a surprise, I just figure it was the periwinkle mica - otherwise, I don't know... LOL

Anyway, here they are -

post-212-139458517001_thumb.jpg

post-212-139458517016_thumb.jpg

post-212-13945851703_thumb.jpg

post-212-139458517046_thumb.jpg

The swirls are fab!

It surprises me that cucumber in that first blend comes across as overpowering (but let it sit and see if it settles down some.) I would have thought the CLV would have devoured it, but that would depend on your % too.

Purple looks like it tried to sneak in on the second.

The swirls are fab!

It surprises me that cucumber in that first blend comes across as overpowering (but let it sit and see if it settles down some.) I would have thought the CLV would have devoured it, but that would depend on your % too.

Purple looks like it tried to sneak in on the second.

Scented, this is the first time I have worked with mica's even though I've had them FOREVER. LOL

The blue wasn't quite the right color (more of a turquoise) so I thought I would be able to mix a little bit of periwinkle to get it to the blue I wanted. Umm, NOPE. LOL

I love the color of purple it became, it's just not quite right for this soap or the scent I used.

I think I will keep the CW/IN mix though and work on different colors - the scent is divine!!

For the CLV/CC I mixed at a 1:1 ratio and will have to start playing around with that. When I first mixed the CLV with the CC I got a fabulous scent and could smell all the notes of each scent, (I first put them on q-tips for a day then mix the actual scents in a glass beaker and try to leave them sit for at least 24 hours to get a true sense of what they will smell like as a mixture) but as it sat all I could smell was coconut. Once I put it in the batter, all I can smell is Cucumber. I do hope it comes back too, because when it was on the q-tip and when I first put it in my beaker - man o man did it smell good!!

Ahhh. Well normally a little blue to purple stabilizes the purple. So I guess this is what you get when the blue is a little green? I haven't tried that to say oh that's why that happened. I have added blue to some purples before though.

Still give it some time. That scent might fight its way to what it was like on your tests. I've had some soap go through various smells before it settled down.

They look fabulous! Your swirls and colors are lovely. I tried a spoon swirl once and it came out well... cruddy! LOL You have inspired me to give it another try.

A very close variation to this swirl is what I do (from about 3:03 to 4:00 -

)

The difference is I don't switch directions every time I bring the spoon up, and I only twirl my spoon once each time I swirl down the log. Then I do switch directions for the next side of the log. (I hope that makes sense) and if you keep watching, you'll see she does something down the middle. I don't do that. I alternate colors while filling the mold to just below the top, then I swirl one side, then the next. I keep out enough soap batter to then add the top. That's it.

• 2 weeks later...