A Little help getting to know you.

Vicky_CO

Hi all!  I am so glad to have found this forum.  My name is Nikki and I am a new candle maker in Georgia.  By day, I am a project coordinator/executive assistant and I started making candles about 6 months ago to relieve some stress.  I recently started my candle company (Marie Maurice Candles & Scents) and will begin selling candles, diffusers and room sprays on January 15th.  I spent so much time reading, researching, testing but there's still sooo much to learn and do.  My stress reliever is now causing me stress, LOL!  I am truly hoping to sell my candles online and at various shows but I'm so afraid of how people may respond to them.  Right now, I am using a soy/coconut blend, was really having trouble getting a good HT but will keep practicing and testing. I joined this forum to gain info and fellowship with like minds.  Happy New Year all!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2013 at 9:42 AM, Vicky_CO said:

These questions were originally posted by laurenscandlebakery in a get to know you thread. So please start your own thread and let us get to know you. Only answer the questions you are comfortable. I personally will never tell you how old I am. :)These are only suggestive questions not required.

What's your name? Matthew

How old are you? 57

Where do you live? Texas

How long have you been making candles/soap/whatever? not quite one years

How did you get started making candles/soap/whatever? Bought out my brother

Are you married? Any kids? Not anymore. LOL

If candle/Soap making isn't your primary job, what do you do?

Anything else we should know? I am sort of a cancer patient with lung cancer. Beat throat cancer via surgery two years ago and took up candle making since I can't really work anymore. I love doing the creative stuff like pies and cakes, embeds, candles in candles. I am learning how to make the ultimate votive/pillar wax but have experienced failure. Am starting to work with custom smells. I am single so can devote time to candle making but have bad thyroid issues and often want to nap but oh well. How yall doing out there in the world of wax? I love it.

You do not have to be a new member to introduce yourself.

• Like 3

My Name: Bob (Mom told me she knew I was going to grow up stupid, so, she named me something I could spell 2 out of 3 times.)

How old am I?: Some Days that a debatable question, but I tend to accept 62 as a good answer for this question...

Where do I live?: Flagstaff Arizona.

How long have I been making candles: About 2 years now

How did you get started making candles: In 2018 I started playing around with melts for fun to see if I could make a quality highly scented product, with a clean natural scent for my own personal use.

Are you married?: The long answer to this question is NO.

Any kids?: 2, grown and doing their on thing.

My primary job, what do you do?: I drive daily from Flag to Phoenix daily.

Anything else I think you all should know?: I currently have a small blister on my right thumb from putting out a candle the other day.

Thanks for letting me in here and I hope I can resolve a lot of issues in here....about candle making that is!!!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there!

I am a beginner in candle and soap making.

What's your name? Cenker

How old are you? 40

Where do you live? Ankara, Turkey

How long have you been making candles/soap/whatever? Newbie

How did you get started making candles/soap/whatever? Not started yet

Are you married? Any kids? Nope.

If candle/Soap making isn't your primary job, what do you do? Lawyer

Anything else we should know? Cheers!

• Like 2

What's your name? Sarah

How old are you? 35 

Where do you live? Boston-ish

How long have you been making candles/soap/whatever?  This is the start of my adventure.

How did you get started making candles/soap/whatever? I quit my job of 12 years because I wasn't growing there--I've always been a rather manic creative and I wanted to explore things that I have always loved but never thought I had the time to learn.

Are you married? Any kids? Married 9 years. 3 kiddos and a huge Maine Coon.

If candle/Soap making isn't your primary job, what do you do? ALL THE THINGS lol. I can brand your company, make you an outstanding Old Fashioned, and ref three kids and a cat that thinks its a dog...

Anything else we should know? I have a hopeless audiobook addiction. There, I said it.

• Like 3

What's your name? Candle Friends

How old are you? 45 and loving it!

Where do you live? Colorful Colorado

How long have you been making candles/soap/whatever? Started making candles about a year ago.

How did you get started making candles/soap/whatever? My sister got me interested in candles and I'm a "closet crafter" at heart. I love things that smell good; so much that if get seperated from my hubby in the grocery store, I tell him to go look for me in the candle or EO sections (no need to page). That's where he'll find me and my nose being very busy - ha,ha,ha!

Are you married? Any kids? Yes, for 1 year and some change, no kids, but have an adorable fluffy kitty named "Cricket" who "meeps/chirps" instead of meows. 

If candle/Soap making isn't your primary job, what do you do? I'm in healthcare as a multi-modality imaging technologist (XR,CT,MRI). I'm working on having a candle side business as a creative outlet. 

Anything else we should know? Thank you for all the invaluable resources and I'm glad to be here. I'm an avid nature lover and adore being in the outdoors.

•  
  • Like 2

On 1/26/2020 at 8:10 AM, CenkerDeg said:

Hello there!

I am a beginner in candle and soap making.

What's your name? Cenker

How old are you? 40

Where do you live? Ankara, Turkey

How long have you been making candles/soap/whatever? Newbie

How did you get started making candles/soap/whatever? Not started yet

Are you married? Any kids? Nope.

If candle/Soap making isn't your primary job, what do you do? Lawyer

Anything else we should know? Cheers!

Welcome to the forum!

• Like 2

On 1/27/2020 at 8:03 PM, sarahmarah said:

What's your name? Sarah

How old are you? 35 

Where do you live? Boston-ish

How long have you been making candles/soap/whatever?  This is the start of my adventure.

How did you get started making candles/soap/whatever? I quit my job of 12 years because I wasn't growing there--I've always been a rather manic creative and I wanted to explore things that I have always loved but never thought I had the time to learn.

Are you married? Any kids? Married 9 years. 3 kiddos and a huge Maine Coon.

If candle/Soap making isn't your primary job, what do you do? ALL THE THINGS lol. I can brand your company, make you an outstanding Old Fashioned, and ref three kids and a cat that thinks its a dog...

Anything else we should know? I have a hopeless audiobook addiction. There, I said it.

Hello Sarah! Welcome to the forum!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Candlefriends said:

What's your name? Candle Friends

How old are you? 45 and loving it!

Where do you live? Colorful Colorado

How long have you been making candles/soap/whatever? Started making candles about a year ago.

How did you get started making candles/soap/whatever? My sister got me interested in candles and I'm a "closet crafter" at heart. I love things that smell good; so much that if get seperated from my hubby in the grocery store, I tell him to go look for me in the candle or EO sections (no need to page). That's where he'll find me and my nose being very busy - ha,ha,ha!

Are you married? Any kids? Yes, for 1 year and some change, no kids, but have an adorable fluffy kitty named "Cricket" who "meeps/chirps" instead of meows. 

If candle/Soap making isn't your primary job, what do you do? I'm in healthcare as a multi-modality imaging technologist (XR,CT,MRI). I'm working on having a candle side business as a creative outlet. 

Anything else we should know? Thank you for all the invaluable resources and I'm glad to be here. I'm an avid nature lover and adore being in the outdoors.

•  

Hello Candle Friends! Welcome to the forum!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

What's your name? Andrea , Andy for a nickname. 

How old are you?  I’m going to be 52 March 24th 

Where do you live?  Las Vegas, Nevada 

How long have you been making candles/soap/whatever? I just got into wax about 11 months ago and started making about 6 months ago 

How did you get started making candles/soap/whatever? Because I wanted more of what I liked. 

Are you married? Any kids?  Married, since 1992 and have dog babies. 2 chihuahuas and a pit bull.  CoCo’ and Pedro are my chihuahuas and Bella is out blue pit bull. And fish. 

If candle/Soap making isn't your primary job, what do you do? I work as the social media content manager for a dental office my husband is a partner in 

Anything else we should know?  I love all aspects of this craft. I want to learn more about fragrance and essential oils and get more into bath products and making soap. And just generally meet people that have the same interests and I can learn from 

• Like 2

What's your name? Chantelle

How old are you? 40 something

Where do you live? Sydney, Australia

How long have you been making candles/soap/whatever? 1 month

How did you get started making candles/soap/whatever? Hobby while husbands away for work

Are you married? Any kids? Yes and 1 each

If candle/Soap making isn't your primary job, what do you do? Admin

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2013 at 10:42 AM, Vicky_CO said:

These questions were originally posted by laurenscandlebakery in a get to know you thread. So please start your own thread and let us get to know you. Only answer the questions you are comfortable. I personally will never tell you how old I am. :) These are only suggestive questions not required.

What's your name?

How old are you?

Where do you live?

How long have you been making candles/soap/whatever?

How did you get started making candles/soap/whatever?

Are you married? Any kids?

Anything else we should know?

Hi my name is Jackie baker and I’m a newbie when it comes to making candles.  I’m not married but have a 27 year old son, I’ll say that much because I don’t want to tell my age lol.  I live in Indianapolis, Indiana and hope you guys can show me the way.  My first question is please help me learn how to decide which wick to use, using wooden wicks.  Thank y’all 

You do not have to be a new member to introduce yourself.

• Like 2

Hello all!  My name is Kathleen and I live in Arkansas...I am new to the world of homemade candles, but my love of candles and good smells coming from them, fosters my love of making.  Granddaughter and I are in this venture together and we hope to make money for vacation next year.  We have been interested for sometime but only took the plunge a month ago.  Extremely new to it all but anticipating it all.....we have made several different 4/8oz Ball jar candles with Lavender, cloves, Eucalyptus, Rose, and adding Flora. We wait to see if there is a response...time will tell as we continue to make different items....great hobby that we hope brings a little payment our way

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

What's your name? Crystal 

How old are you? 35... for another 49 days 😊🎂

Where do you live? Atl, GA 🍑

How long have you been making candles/soap/whatever? Just started about 1 month ago, so I’m in the beginning/learning phase... 

How did you get started making candles/soap/whatever? Honestly, it was completely random. I absolutely LOVE candles and with all the extra time we’ve had during this pandemic, I decided to research the craft. It seemed fairly simple (hahaha... at the time!) to do and wasn’t too overly expensive, so I went for it. 

Are you married? No

Any kids? Yes, I have an AMAZING son who brings my heart joy... 💙

If candle/Soap making isn't your primary job, what do you do? My primary job is working for the federal government.

Anything else we should know? Not particularly... I am here to learn and perfect my craft. I’m open to any suggestions and advice given... 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Toyin Wura Oke 

I started making soaps as a hobby about a year ago. It’s has kept me busy - I like it.

I want to begin to make candles - it’s so much fun to create stuff in between life & work stress - it’s actually an escape for me. 
I am a property developer and don’t have to be on site everyday. 
I work from home and visit projects in between. It gets busier at the finishing stages. 
I am not very young...lol and I have children; 16 & 11.

oh yea!...and My friends buy my products, and want me to make business out of it...well, we ll see.

I hope to learn from experienced soapers and chandlers.

Thanks!!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I've been lurking on these forums for a while (tons of great info here, thank you!), and finally decided to go ahead and make an account.

My name's Rebecca, I'm in SC, and I'm in the midst of creating my own candle company as a side-gig. Right now I'm in the testing phase. Looking forward to learning more!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

What's your name? You wouldn't be able to pronounce it if I told you

How old are you?I'm older than I've ever been

Where do you live? West Tennessee

Are you married? Any kids? Yes and Yes

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi all.

My name is Dale and my wife(she shares this account with me)Casey.

I'm 39 and she is 32.

We started making candles a few weeks back. We wanted to buy a candle to honor our angel baby but couldn't find anything we liked.

So we decided to read up on candle making and purchased things we need.

We are having problems in our journey and discovered this forum. 

• Like 3

What's your name?

Janiece

How old are you?

63 but think of myself as much younger

Where do you live?

central Illinois 

20+ years, I think

I was bored one day and looking online for something new to learn about. I tried M&P and that just wasn’t what I was looking for. I started making HP and then went to CP. 

Are you married? Any kids?

widowed, currently one furbaby

Public Affairs for a corporation 

I’m a treasure hunter - metal detecting, digging for diamonds or crystals, or whatever adventure my poor old broken body can handle. Right now looking for money in the washing machine is my speed. 

I buy and sell antique & vintage items. 

• Like 3

Welcome to all!

I do not read this thread nearly often enough and am sorry to have not welcomed everyone personally as you joined. 

if it is worth doing, it is worth doing well. You are in great company with newbies and masterminds alike.  Join the conversations and bookmark your favorites to return to later. 

• 4 weeks later...

What's your name? Joshua!

How old are you? 29

Where do you live? Arkansas!

How long have you been making candles/soap/whatever? Trying for about a month to research

How did you get started making candles/soap/whatever? To help cope with mental health and potentially start a small business!

Are you married? Any kids? Not yet, remaining hopeful! 

If candle/Soap making isn't your primary job, what do you do? COVID-19 Tracer for a hospital

Anything else we should know? I am grateful to be here! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

What's your name? Dave Parrott

How old are you? 65

Where do you live? Colorado

How long have you been making candles? 2 year

How did you get started making candles? Started as a hobby. Then a friend asked me to make them for his small boutique business.

Are you married? No

Any kids? Niece & grandniece 

If candle/Soap making isn't your primary job, what do you do? Assistant project manager for a glass, hardware & cultured marble company.

• Like 1