A Little help getting to know you.

Vicky_CO

Hi I'm from the Great Mitten.

I just started making soy candles in hopes of launching my own company.

I am married with no kids.

I am 35.

I have lots of questions i hope this forum can help with all i have and someday hopefully i can return some knowledge.

Nice to meet you all.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/27/2013 at 10:42 AM, Vicky_CO said:

What's your name? My names Rachel 

How old are you? 28

Where do you live? Southern Pennsylvania 

How long have you been making candles/soap/whatever? just starting out

How did you get started making candles/soap/whatever? I found the wax world on Facebook and bought a lot and I'm at SAHM and would love to get a hobby that could bring in some extra money and it's something I really enjoy

Are you married? Any kids? Not married but been with my bf for 9 years and we have a 4yo daughter

If candle/Soap making isn't your primary job, what do you do?

Anything else we should know?

You do not have to be a new member to introduce yourself.

• Like 2

Well here goes nothing lol !

Name - Dee 

age - 53

I live in SE MI in a charming old town :) 

last year I started dabbling more seriously in melts + candles / I make lip balm - soap etc LOVE essential oils 

Ive always been crafty + always made things from a young age 

Married - yes + kids -yes - my son has severe Autism + is non verbal + has taught me more than any person I know 

Job - my sons caregiver + State of MI for community mental health - I also do fund raising + probono advocacy for parents when asked :)

anything else ?? lets see : i have a low tolerance for people that are rude - its just not necessary. I was always taught to be kind to people 

well... unless they have it coming lol ! most of the time i turn the other cheek though :)

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

What's your name? My name is Brittany! 

How old are you? I am pretty new to being twenty years old. 

Where do you live? In boring old Iowa of courses. 

How long have you been making candles/soap/whatever? I just started my testing phases in the last few months! 

How did you get started making candles/soap/whatever? Well, I became really addicted to a vegetarian cruelty free company called Lush Cosmetics. I'm a part of a few Facebook groups for Lush, and most people there love wax melts. So I decided to try some vendors for myself and loved it. Just recently I decided to take it up myself because I finally have a job with a set schedule so it makes me feel less stressed to have hobbies lol! 

Are you married? Any kids? I am not married, but I'm engaged to my boyfriend who I've been with for over 4 years and we have a super cute dog! 

If candle/Soap making isn't your primary job, what do you do? I am a graphic designer for my local newspaper and surrounding areas! 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

Hi Brittany, welcome to our world.

Super cute dog indeed!!! Is he/she part or full border collie? I could reach thru the screen and kiss that nose.

Guest OldGlory

Well he's a handsome guy!

My girl (see icon) was part border collie and part black lab. I have a soft spot for this type of pup  :)

On June 1, 2016 at 8:52 PM, OldGlory said:

Well he's a handsome guy!

My girl (see icon) was part border collie and part black lab. I have a soft spot for this type of pup  :)

The Collie breed is a very smart breed! My neighbor had one when I was younger and used to walk him around all the time and I'd go with her. Sweet dogs! 

Hello, I just registered today for these forums. So far its seems like a very good site for information on candle making, I've seen a lot of good info on here and I am looking forward to giving and receiving info on these forums.

How old are you? 29

Where do you live? Los Angeles

How long have you been making candles/soap/whatever? Started making soy candles May 2016.

How did you get started making candles/soap/whatever? I've always been a consumer of candles and one day i just decided to give it a shot.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I actually joined and posted a couple months back for advice on a couple of novice mistakes and learned tons. I just figured I'd properly introduce myself. Better late than never right?

Name - Sara

Age - 70 trapped in a 30 year old's body

Live - Ohio

Making CandlesNewcomer, 7 months. I dabbled for about 6 months before that

How did you start - Three years ago I started heat transferring pictures onto store bought candles for weddings and special occasions. I figured I'd try making them myself and fell in love. 

Married and Kids - Married three years with a teenage step-daughter. I raised my sister solo. She graduated Valedictorian, consistently made Dean's List, and has one more year to graduation. I tell her all the time that she is my Hero and that I couldn't be more proud.

Job - I work for the Government in a security capacity.

Anything else - Most of my proceeds go to charity. I support The Sato Project of Puerto Rico! I knit, I crochet, I scrapbook. I wasn't kidding about being 70 at heart. :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/28/2013 at 7:42 AM, Vicky_CO said:

These questions were originally posted by laurenscandlebakery in a get to know you thread. So please start your own thread and let us get to know you. Only answer the questions you are comfortable. I personally will never tell you how old I am. :)These are only suggestive questions not required.

What's your name?

How old are you?

Where do you live?

How long have you been making candles/soap/whatever?

How did you get started making candles/soap/whatever?

Are you married? Any kids?

If candle/Soap making isn't your primary job, what do you do?

Anything else we should know?

You do not have to be a new member to introduce yourself.

Hey, I'm Justin! 30 years old from Toronto Ontario. I live in Kelowna British Columbia. I've just started a candle website. I make candles and sell them on my site but I also link to other "value finds" on my site as well. Chat soon!votivecandlesandholders.com

Edited by Candle&Holder
Link isn't working
  • Like 2

What's your name?  My name is Terry, I am not a new member, but would like to formally introduce myself.

How old are you?    I am almost 57 years old and proud to proclaim it--because when you think about it what's the alternative, a long dirt nap? As my grandmother used to call it, lol

Where do you live?  Been a New Yorker my whole life -- lived in the outer boroughs of  NYC and Long Island. 

How long have you been making candles/soap/whatever?  I have always loved fragrance!  I got the idea to make candles while talking about essential oils with a friend of mine.  To date I have never even tried to make a candle with EO- HA!   But -- I did go on to scour the internet for candle-making info, bought a couple of books and made my first (soy) candle in Oct, 2011.  Eventually I found a phenomenal site called CraftServer that educated me in ways I never would have known.  I have been so inspired by so many of you, thanks, you are the best! 

Are you married? Any kids?  I am married 29 years and have 3 sons.  My middle son is a high-functioning autistic .  He can hold down a job and he drives, however, there are many more components to raising and living with an autistic child who is now a young adult.  I have a step daughter and son in law with 3 beautiful granddaughters that I don't see as often as I would like to since they live out of state and far away sadly....  On another note my mom is 81 and I am thankful for each day that she is still with me!  It is by prayers and  the grace of God that we and the whole world get through every day.  My faith in the power of the Blessed Virgin Mary never fails me in my times of need. 

If candle/Soap making isn't your primary job, what do you do?  I work full time in an accounting dept doing collections/billing,

Anything else we should know? Testing/making candles/melts has been my pleasant diversion from everyday life for me.  I am working towards creating a real business one day with my candles/melts/(maybe soaps since I am inspired by the soap of the month demos, lol!!)  Not quite there yet, striving for perfection!  Alas, the process is moving rather slowly....  But-- it is something I call my own and I would even go so far as to say it saved my sanity at times, lol, come on, I know some of you out there know what I am talking about!!

See you in the posts!!

• Like 2

What's your name? Sponie, or best offer... 

How old are you? Barely 40-ish

Where do you live? Florida

How long have you been making candles/soap/whatever? Candles? I've done it, nothing fancy, just stuff that you can put fire to and make light. Soap? For the sake of brevity, 4 years. Whatever? (My, my, aren't we forward? ahem... :embarassed2:)

How did you get started making candles/soap/whatever? Candles/soap? meh... It's what we did on our farm, and it wasn't nice stuff.  Whatever? (There's that question AGAIN!!! I must say I'm TOTALLY feeling the love!)  

Are you married? Only on paper, and not for much longer...    

If candle/Soap making isn't your primary job, what do you do? What do I do!? I don't know! Should I know this? Frankly, I wasn't expecting a pop quiz just yet... 

Anything else we should know? I hope so! 

• Haha 1