1343 with a container blend for tarts?

Michdj

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone has tried 1343 as a base with 4627 (or another container blend) for tarts? I have a bunch of 1343 left over from making fire starters and I'm nearly out of 4794. Has anyone used 1343 successfully? I'm wondering if vybar at 1% might help the FO retention? (Because I have that on hand too!)

-Michelle

I blend it 75/25 with container wax and it works wonderfully - except in scnetsy warmers....I am playing with the mix to try and get it a bit softer so it melts in that warmer, too. I have tested in tea-light, electric and bulb warmers with higher than 25W bulbs. All are great. I don't use vybar.

• 9 months later...

I use a half lb. 4627 per lb. of 1343; this is for my tart melts and it works beautifully. I also merge these two waxes for container blends; the 1343 cuts some of the viscosity of the 4627; which, incidentally, is super hard to wick as a stand alone. The 1343 is great all around!

Guest OldGlory

I am new to 1343, but I was told to use stearic in 1343 to increase the fragrance load. There is a post under General Candle Making about pillars with the amount of stearic to use per lb of 1343. You might have to adjust the amount for your blend.

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone has tried 1343 as a base with 4627 (or another container blend) for tarts? I have a bunch of 1343 left over from making fire starters and I'm nearly out of 4794. Has anyone used 1343 successfully? I'm wondering if vybar at 1% might help the FO retention? (Because I have that on hand too!)

-Michelle

Vybar can help the scent load, but I feel it doesn't necessarily help increase it by much, just helps the capacity it can hold, hold it better. However, using too much vybar, even just a few grains, can bind your scent and then you will get no throw at all. 

As OldGlory said previously stearic will help, also, and will make the wax a bit less brittle, but harder, and will make it more opaque.