Whipped Shea butter - mine has stayed whipped.

Meridith

I know this recipe is over 100%, but I worked to tweak it and this is what my final came out to be. I made this butter on July 17, 2005. It's now the 30th and it has stayed whipped like cream and absorbs right in. It has even held up in my hotbox house that doesn't have a/c. I started off making a 1lb recipe and ended up incorporating the 10 kokum butter, 1 oz lanolin, 1 tsp. cornstarch so that is why its over. I did this to try to keep it whipped/firmer but not hard. I was experimenting and trying to come up with a recipe I liked. If you try this, please let me know what you think.

40% Unrefined Shea Butter

10% Virgin Coconut Oil

10% Mango Butter

10% kokum butter

10% Avocado Butter

10% Hemp Butter

19% Oil of choice

1 oz lanolin

1 tsp. corn starch

1 % Vit E

1% preservative ( I use phenonip)

FO or EO of choice

Weigh mango, & hemp butter in a bowl and heat until liquid (can be heated in the micorwave), but do not over heat. Once melted, add the shea butter, virgin coconut oil, avocado butter and oils. Place in the microwave to soften, but do not melt all the way. You can use now whisk the mixuture - use the whisk type mixer to produce the best results. Start on low to incorporate all your butters & oils together. Once that is done, you can then turn your mixer on high and let it whip. Microwave slightly the kokum and lanolin and incorpate into the mixture. Mix on high. Once it reaches the look of whipped egg whites, stop your mixer and add your fragrance, mix it by hand for a minute, then turn your mixer on high and whip it up real good to mix in the fragrance. During this, I kept putting the butter into the fridge to harden and then I'd whip again.

• 7 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
I know this recipe is over 100%, but I worked to tweak it and this is what my final came out to be. I made this butter on July 17, 2005. It's now the 30th and it has stayed whipped like cream and absorbs right in. It has even held up in my hotbox house that doesn't have a/c. I started off making a 1lb recipe and ended up incorporating the 10 kokum butter, 1 oz lanolin, 1 tsp. cornstarch so that is why its over. I did this to try to keep it whipped/firmer but not hard. I was experimenting and trying to come up with a recipe I liked. If you try this, please let me know what you think.

10% Virgin Coconut Oil

10% Mango Butter

10% kokum butter

10% Avocado Butter

10% Hemp Butter

19% Oil of choice

1 oz lanolin

1 tsp. corn starch

1 % Vit E

FO or EO of choice

Weigh mango, & hemp butter in a bowl and heat until liquid (can be heated in the micorwave), but do not over heat. Once melted, add the shea butter, virgin coconut oil, avocado butter and oils. Place in the microwave to soften, but do not melt all the way. You can use now whisk the mixuture - use the whisk type mixer to produce the best results. Start on low to incorporate all your butters & oils together. Once that is done, you can then turn your mixer on high and let it whip. Microwave slightly the kokum and lanolin and incorpate into the mixture. Mix on high. Once it reaches the look of whipped egg whites, stop your mixer and add your fragrance, mix it by hand for a minute, then turn your mixer on high and whip it up real good to mix in the fragrance. During this, I kept putting the butter into the fridge to harden and then I'd whip again.

It sounds really nice. I think it deserves one chance so I will try it this weekend :)

10% Virgin Coconut Oil

10% Mango Butter

10% kokum butter

10% Avocado Butter

10% Hemp Butter

19% Oil of choice

1 oz lanolin

1 tsp. corn starch

1 % Vit E

FO or EO of choice

It sounds really nice. I think it deserves one chance so I will try lingerie this weekend :)

it was just perfect. Taste was awesome and my wife is so happy.