Candybee's Silk & Cream Shaving & Bath Soap Recipe

Candybee

I like the idea of a combo soap that works great for both shaving and bath. I went through a lot of tweaking on this recipe until it came out the way I like it:

Olive Oil 25%

Palm Oil 25%

Coconut Oil 15%

Palm Kernal Oil 15%

Shea Butter 10%

Avocado Oil 5%

Castor Oil 5%

Hardness 45

Cleansing 20

Conditioning 51

Bubbly 25

Creamy 30

Iodine 53

INS 157

Additives (for a 3lb batch):

liquid: half distilled water; half Coconut Almond Breeze milk

cottonball size pinch of Tussah silk

1 tbs white sugar

1 tbs bentonite clay

Edited by Candybee

Stopped by Publix on the way home for a Dr appt this morning. They had all sorts of different flavors of the Almond Breeze, except coconut <sigh> . So, grabbed another couple of cans of the coconut milk I have been using.

Candybee that is actually a pretty nice base recipe. I played with it some on SoapCalc and came up with some nice recipes. Thank you for sharing.

Yes it is a nice basic recipe. I wanted it to be great for both bathing and shaving. It really makes creamy lather when you work it in your hands and cleans skin like the dickens but still conditions your skin. The Tussah silk and almond breeze give it a nice slip and also make the bar slippery. You can sub Silk coconut milk. It has that same texture as Almond Breeze. But I like the Almond Breeze cause what I don't use for soaping I drink and it is delicious!!

BTW-- you can also sub the Avocado oil for Grapeseed. Grapeseed gives nice slip too!