New squirty wax @ front porch....

leisa2003

The wax they sold & use for their tarts is a parasoy blend. I'd purchased it a few years back (like so many others) when they sold it.

Never heated it to Heat to 250-275. Wayyy too hot.

Edited by marcuset

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I placed an order for one bottle. It was 9.75 for 8 ounces, so with their add on for free shipping, it would make a tart about 1.00 each at an ounce. I'm curious how long each 1 ounce squirt goes so I will let you know. Their first placement on their site sold out within five minutes. I sat online waiting for the time it would be listed again and got in but what they had ready for that listing is already gone. People are naturally curious about this (me included) but whether or not it's strong and lasts is what will determine future sales.

JB

That is way too hot from what people do, but is that what makes theirs so strong and long lasting or were those directions misleading so people wouldn't have the same success? I tried their wax and could never get the same results as what they sell so I always wondered.

JB

That is way too hot from what people do, but is that what makes theirs so strong and long lasting or were those directions misleading so people wouldn't have the same success? I tried their wax and could never get the same results as what they sell so I always wondered.

JB

IMO, and again, it's just my opinion, but I have a feeling you're right in the assumption that the directions were misleading so others would not have the same success. I was told by a few people that the wax she uses/sold was/is 415. She probably tried to pass it off as something different just to throw people off. When you think about it, there really aren't THAT many types of wax out there, and most vendors are going to use what is the most economical, as well as produce a strong HT - and the 415 pretty much fits the bill.

I just looked up 415 and it's pure soy and it says on their site they use a parasoy blend. Would they be mixing it with something?

Thanks,

JB

Yep,..paraffin probably. She has a weird almost a plastic/rubber smell undertone in her tarts.

Edited by leisa2003

:lipsrseal

No thank you, can you imagine if the kids got a hold of that..

Like if they got a hold of a candle or melted tart? Or how about eating my tarts cause they look and smell just like the real thing?

How can you all criticize her for coming up with a new (maybe new) product. I remember when tarts and tart warmers were a bad thing. JMHO :lipsrseal

• 3 weeks later...

QUOTE=LadyinCali;1007153]Karen - Have you tried any of the Blackberry scents from Natures Garden? Miami Erie aka Front Porch Candles is in Ohio, and chances are she orders many of her fragrance oils from the closest supplier to save on shipping - as we all try to do. I know I have gotten a few FO's from NG that are without a doubt what is sold at Front Porch - she just changes the name.

It irritated me when she stopped selling her oils because I loved her Sugar Cookie Dough Bread FO - that one I found at Just Scent, it's Ice Cream Scoop Bread - it's the exact same scent. She gets these oils and completely changes the names - but as I said, I have come across a few oils that are exact dupes of hers. Hope this helps!!

I also used to buy PRIMITIVE GATHERINGS and COZY FALL NIGHTS (which are almost the same) from Miami candles and have been unable to find a match after testing several from NG and JS. I know they are probably a blend even tho she didn't have an " in house blend" in the description. I think it's some kind of blend like apple jack and home sweet home. But I have tried lots from JS ...... Any ideas ?? Any help would be much appreciated thanks !!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Looks as though Flicker figured out how to make it..BCN's new blog:

http://bittercreekcandle.blogspot.com/2013/07/squeezable-scented-wax.html

Yep they are SUPER easy to make!!!! I made them YEARS ago but hated the idea of all soy due to shelf life issues. The ones made with a paraffin and mineral oil (liquid paraffin) will have a super long shelf life, like a candle or room spray! These should be awesome sellers and someone had mentioned they took a lot? No more than a melt in fact maybe less because I actually can get 12% fragrance load into them easily. So they are actually stronger than a wax tart :)