New squirty wax @ front porch....

leisa2003

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish she would sell me 5 pounds of her Bodacious Blackberry FO!!! Or tell me where she gets it. I resisted buying because of the Miami-Erie stories and now I have tested Blackberry until I have almost ruined it for myself and practically no longer want it and have yet to find even a close match.

I think there are other sellers out there that do this & call it pourable Jelly Tarts. Looks like it may be a different concoction - same concept.

I remember seeing those on ebay.

Edited by leisa2003

I wish she would sell me 5 pounds of her Bodacious Blackberry FO!!! Or tell me where she gets it. I resisted buying because of the Miami-Erie stories and now I have tested Blackberry until I have almost ruined it for myself and practically no longer want it and have yet to find even a close match.

I know what you mean! I used Blackberry Cheescake from a company that soon went OOB after buying it and I can't get that anylonger. :(

Changed my mind, I'd attempt to make it. Should have learned by now to never say never, LOL!

Wouldn't vegetable oil at that volume go rancid like it does in soap? I mean wax is solidified for a reason I'm sure, if you want Squirty wax buy some Gel wax. It just seems like there would be some "precautions" in vegetable wax sitting for a period of time and then being "thrown" into the air to breath if it had gone rancid.

Wouldn't vegetable oil at that volume go rancid like it does in soap? I mean wax is solidified for a reason I'm sure, if you want Squirty wax buy some Gel wax. It just seems like there would be some "precautions" in vegetable wax sitting for a period of time and then being "thrown" into the air to breath if it had gone rancid.

I'd forgotten all about this as I've got my hands full making my own products, but gel could be an option, I guess. Only thing is gel solidifies too.

1st I would research the idea as I would think she did. I hope!

Is there a reason you feel she didn't research her new product?

I am not certain of her research as I'm sure she wouldn't tell of that anyways. The only possibility is a non-solid oil though, that doesn't take a "rocket scientist" to figure that out. Many people use other non-solidified oils in their wax to make it scoopable but yet it still stays solidified (just softer). If it hasn't been used/sold by a manufacturer I'm sure there is a reason. Just my opinion!

ETA: EXPIRATION (RANCIDITY) I THINK WOULD BE A ISSUE HERE.

Edited by leisa2003

Karen - Have you tried any of the Blackberry scents from Natures Garden? Miami Erie aka Front Porch Candles is in Ohio, and chances are she orders many of her fragrance oils from the closest supplier to save on shipping - as we all try to do. I know I have gotten a few FO's from NG that are without a doubt what is sold at Front Porch - she just changes the name.

It irritated me when she stopped selling her oils because I loved her Sugar Cookie Dough Bread FO - that one I found at Just Scent, it's Ice Cream Scoop Bread - it's the exact same scent. She gets these oils and completely changes the names - but as I said, I have come across a few oils that are exact dupes of hers. Hope this helps!!

Karen - Have you tried any of the Blackberry scents from Natures Garden? Miami Erie aka Front Porch Candles is in Ohio, and chances are she orders many of her fragrance oils from the closest supplier to save on shipping - as we all try to do. I know I have gotten a few FO's from NG that are without a doubt what is sold at Front Porch - she just changes the name.

It irritated me when she stopped selling her oils because I loved her Sugar Cookie Dough Bread FO - that one I found at Just Scent, it's Ice Cream Scoop Bread - it's the exact same scent. She gets these oils and completely changes the names - but as I said, I have come across a few oils that are exact dupes of hers. Hope this helps!!

Thank you!

I have tried all Blackberry FO's from NG, CS and RE. Some that were good but were not that exact one.

JS has one that I have had in and out of my cart each time I have ordered. It can only be purchased in a pound bottle. I think I will take the plunge because if I do not I will always wonder. I can always toss in a few more 1 ounce samples to try from her.

Thank you, again!

A number of fractionated oils are very shelf stable and have tremendously long shelf lives. Fractionated coconut would work well in this application.

I know she got A LOT of her oils from JS and resold them at ME.

I was contacted by a hope huffman (a vendor) that because i posted this and she has also talked about it, some haters think she is me again. They are making me famous!!! I am not Hope Huffman but I am another vendor, can you haters guess which one? :P

ETA: i think I could find better things to do with my time then sit and get excited over gossip and drama online.

Edited by leisa2003

I was just told that she has contacted the manufacturer and just posted on FB that the SQUIRTY WAX WILL HAVE A EXPIRATION DATE of 8-12 months. That's all that had me concerned with vegetable oil being in a liquefied state during storage. Topic over!!!

Edited by leisa2003

I bought me a mold from candlewick It wasen't cheap. I am going to make the dots in some neat scents. Pack them in 8oz containers with a nice label and a spoon. I like this idea much better. The squirty wax seems to messy and like it would burn the scent up to fast.

I may bite the bullet and order a couple just to see if I can figure out what's in it. I can see people liking this and wow, what a lot less work I think. I guess it would depend on what it cost. Watching her pour some in the burner on the You Tube video, it took quite a lot. You can see how far down the bottle went after she set it back down. So there might be 8 or ten times in it? Have to compare that to the cost of 8-10 tarts and see also how long it goes in a melter.

I have some of the wax sold by Miami-Erie, the same kind they use and quit selling to customers. Strange directions for it being soy. Heat to 250-275, add FO and pour. I always thought soy had to be handled at a lower temp? I don't do soy so I'm not sure. This isn't on their website yet when I looked a while ago.

JB