New squirty wax @ front porch....

leisa2003

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The concept is interesting but the name kind of grossed me out, somehow. Squirty??

I know that scoopable waxes have been a recent fav format so this should be popular.

Could be good for people with limited storage.

I have to say one of the first things I thought was how sticky/messy the clean up must be to get that texture out of my dishes, but I am kind of nutty about that. I know many people freeze or pour out when melted so it would not be an issue for most.

Thanks for the link!

I'm not impressed, I don't see any advantage to having that versus melts.

I think the breakaways are just as good for mixing as the squirty wax and probably less messy and precise.

ewwwww squirty wax.

Edited by cindym

I don't think it would be anything I would ever be interested in, as a consumer or maker. Looks kinda messy. Like Karen, I have to be able to get all the wax from the burner, without a residue. And I think the crumbles are perfect for mixing. Everyone has their own way of doing things that suits them, this just kinda looks, and sounds yucky!!!

If the name hadn't turned me off, I think it is a product I may have tried. I do like that it can be stored easily, wax is nicely contained in a bottle to keep wax residue from getting on a person's hands for putting in the melter.

I usually change melts by pouring the melted wax out, but know for my customers I want them to be able to also easily lift the cooled wax from the melter tray if they don't like to pour it out hot.

However, the name turned me off too bad to begin with so I wouldn't buy it. I mean, how can you introduce this to your friends or family?....Here, come try my new squirty wax. That is just icky.

Edited by jeanie353

I was just told that they use regular Veggie Oil added to a softer wax to get it more liquefied. So she will be making a killing off adding veggie cooking oil to her wax. WOW!!!

Hope she sells batches quick before the veggie oil goes rancid. Now I've really got an ick factor going on.........

That's what I told the person who mentioned people add vegetable oil to make wax softer. I was like,.."Ummmm, those oils go rancid in soap so they can go rancid in a small amount of wax that doesn't harden. YUK!!! And her customers will never know and she will make a "killing" off of it.

ETA: Well hopefully all of her customers use it up quick. ;)

Edited by leisa2003

It's probably liquid paraffin.

Liquid Paraffin? Where do you buy that at, never heard of it?

ETA: I just Googled liquid Paraffin and her's doesn't look like it would be liquid paraffin. Her's looks more clumpy and thicker.

Edited by leisa2003

I read a thing a while back about adding coconut oil to candles. Could that be it? Still the possibility of veggie oil too, but id hope they would use something a bit more stable. I bet she sells tons....

That is what I thought as well. Coconut oil added to 4627 might be that consistency. Not something I am going to do or try to make. I do have both in my house. Lots of coconut oil. One jar in the kitchen for cooking and for adding occasionally to food for puppies and another in the bathroom because I take my makeup off with it at night.

I wouldn't buy it but I will bet that people will. They love her scents. She opens and is out in minutes so if they can get a pound bottle of their favorites, that will make them happy.