Reuse Soy Wax?

I would not use a microwave if your jar has a wick tab holding the wick. Metal and microwaves don't mix.

I know that paraffin can be reheated and reused more than soy, but I have gently simmered jars with soy wax and then poured the wax out and cleaned the jars and reused the wax. I don't know how many times you can do this with soy.

They already have FO in them. I just want to melt and remake the same scent but with a different wick. Would that be ok?

Goldie

Sure, I do it all the time with my parasoy blend. I wouldn't heat the wax too hot, about the temperature that you would pour at, then pour it into your new container. I would think it would still need to cure, but I don't know if it would need a partial cure or a full cure if you are working with 100% soy. I let it sit at least two days with my parasoy, I'm a newbie with 100% soy myself.

I was just concerned with the microwave and the wick tab. I saw it happen once at work and metal in the microwave isn't a pretty sight.

Just pull the wick and stick a new one in, after you cut the tab off the new one. It will give you a pretty good idea if you are in the ballpark. When you get close, then do a full test with a secured wick.

ETA: If you use a pliers, the wick (in the wax now) should pull out of the tab rather easily. You will have the tab and neck at the bottom but will still get a good idea if the next wick is going to work.

Edited by jeanie353

Hi! This is just my .02. The 100% soy wax I use is very soft and I just use a butter knife to scrape the wax from the jar into the pour pot. I then put the pour pot into my presto pot and melt it on low heat so it does not get too hot and lose some of the scent. When it gets to pouring temp I then pour it back into the re-wicked jar and it is good to go again! It has always worked well for me and I hope I have helped you some! Best of luck!!

If you just want to try a new wick, then yes, grab some pliers and pull the wick out. I just did that one minute ago to a jar. Insert the new wick and you are good. Just remember that the untabbed wick wick flop over and die at some point but at least you gained some info.

How about remelting soy wax candles that have fo in them ( was practicing) . Can you remelt adda little more wax and some fo and redo? Heat to what? before pouring?

thanks

Karen