Non-Greasy Lotion Bar Recipe

Tammie

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Bumping this up because the first recipe is so good.

I agree!! I love this stuff ... tweek it a little every now and then. Also, for the last craft show I changed the name from Body Lotion Bar to Moisturizing Stick! Sold waaaay better ... :D People don't get the 'lotion' part - they think lotion should be liquid.

• 3 weeks later...

The original recipe is really great on dry hands. I used it before it set up, while I was cleaning up my mess. Big mistake buying those twist-up deodorant type containers...had to wait for it to set up a bunch before filling due to the holes in the bottom. Being a total noobie I didn't know if there was some way to plug those holes before pouring! I think next time I'll try the tins instead.

I use twist up deo tubes for my solid lotions all the time. What holes?

These have holes (and big ones!), got them from The Therapy Garden and it said that they were good for lotion bars. Didn't know they had holes until I opened them up to get ready to pour. Luckily I only bought 12 to try them out. I'd like to find some that have a solid bottom. Now that they have completely set-up I think I would like this recipe better with a different wax, or maybe 1/2 beeswax and 1/2 soy wax, I think the bees wax is just a little too hard.

If these are the ones I'm thinking about, they are close-outs from McKernan and a lot of suppliers carry them. They are bottom fill, thus the big holes...the top, underneath the lid has an insert with a pull tab (like deo tubes) to hold the product in when you pour.

I also ordered a dozen from Brambleberry but decided not to use them. There is no way to seal off the bottom holes and we all know how lotion bars can melt ....bummer 'cause they are really cute.

If these are the ones I'm thinking about, they are close-outs from McKernan and a lot of suppliers carry them. They are bottom fill, thus the big holes...the top, underneath the lid has an insert with a pull tab (like deo tubes) to hold the product in when you pour.

I also ordered a dozen from Brambleberry but decided not to use them. There is no way to seal off the bottom holes and we all know how lotion bars can melt ....bummer 'cause they are really cute.

Yes those are the ones! I don't think they were closeout at TG, because they would be great for deodorant. I'm trying to find the blush twist up tubes. I think I'd like those better for these bars.

I'm not really sure what I did wrong, :embarasse but these suckers aren't going to melt unless I nuke them! They are freakin rock hard. Luckily I only made 4 :laugh2: my poor family will be forced to use them up!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, Newbie here. I really like the non-greasy recipe, but I was wondering about a "vegan" verson. I use alot of beeswax in my products, but living in Oregon, we have ALOT of Vegans here. Vegans perfer anything without beeswax. If I use soy..then the lotion bars become greasy. What else could I use? Thanks

I am going to try it too!! I felt one at a craft show that was so wonderful.

She said it had beeswax in it so I am hoping it is the same one. It sounds so good and I love them!!!! Would you use a certain type mold? The one I tried was a round, almost flat, disk-like one.