Non-Greasy Lotion Bar Recipe

Tammie

I really like them in the flat tins versus the deep tins but I am having a hard time finding a mold that fits into the flat tins. The tins I have are the 4oz flat ones. Has anyone used this type of tin and what mold do you use? That is the only thing I am struggling with on this mainly because I would like to use a mold that has something on it instead of a plain muffin mold.

Angi

I have the 1-oz flat tins and I use (get this) the little plastic cup the frosting comes in when you buy the tube of Pillsbury Cinn. Buns. I pour into them and then stick 'em in the freezer to get them out.

I also use those for bath bomb molds, BTW.

Personally speaking, I do not like Cocoa butter at all in leave on body products. It is a well known pore clogger, and doesn't have nearly the moisturizing properties of Mango, Shea or Kokum.

The best by far, lotion bar I have ever used, I got in a swap.

I can't remember the person's name off hand. It was in the Lemon/Lime Lovers Swap that Outlandishlady did. The scent of the lotion stick was Margarita Mint. I never liked lotion bars period, till I got my hands on this one. ;)

I have the 1-oz flat tins and I use (get this) the little plastic cup the frosting comes in when you buy the tube of Pillsbury Cinn. Buns. I pour into them and then stick 'em in the freezer to get them out.

I also use those for bath bomb molds, BTW.

I can see me explaining to my husband why I have bought 10 rolls of cinnamon buns :laugh2:! I never thought to use those though. I did find a mold that I can use with the 4oz tins, I will just have to not pour all the way to the top of the mold so it will fit in the tin.

Angi

Worlds dumbest questions I know! Just wanted to state that so you don't get overwhelmed by how dumb my question is.

1) What is a lotion bar? (So embaressed:embarasse :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse )

2) would this be a good starter project (I am thinking of using this as my first B&B attempt)

Go ahead, mock me, laugh at me ( I know I am laughing at me too!)

Perfect starter project. ;)

A lotion bar is a solid stick of butters and oils mixed together with fragrance for a "portable" way of moisturizing the skin. Great for knees, elbows and feet- etc. You microwave the ingredients and pour into tubes, basically speaking. Kinda looks like a solid deodorant stick.

Personally speaking, I do not like Cocoa butter at all in leave on body products. It is a well known pore clogger, and doesn't have nearly the moisturizing properties of Mango, Shea or Kokum.

The best by far, lotion bar I have ever used, I got in a swap.

I can't remember the person's name off hand. It was in the Lemon/Lime Lovers Swap that Outlandishlady did. The scent of the lotion stick was Margarita Mint. I never liked lotion bars period, till I got my hands on this one. ;)

Oh, I am sooo excited to hear this. That was my lotion bar in the swap...happy dance and thanks! :yay: :yay: :yay:

ah-soy, you know what this means don't you?

You have to send all of us one of your lotion bars so we can test it toooo :laugh2:

I know there is nothing better than hearing compliments on something you made! Congrats to you for a great swap item!!!!

Is trying to decide on everything for a website driving you as NUTS as it is driving me?

I know why I have procrastinated for so long, creating a website is like trying to treat a hemorrhoid :laugh2:

I read this thread when it first started but didn’t think I had anything to contribute, but reading it last night I saw some questions about soy.

I make an oily lotion bar using soy wax. I use 3 parts EcoSoya CB-Pure Soy wax to 1 part each avocado butter and shea butter. It is greasy but I made it for long rides in cool weather on the motorcycle where the cool dry air sucks the moisture out of my flesh. It works. I also like it after I’ve come in from working in the yard, we have heavy clay soil here and it is also extremely drying. Anyway, soy wax will work; I think if you use lighter oils you should get something of a dryer bar.

• 3 weeks later...

Ooh, just wondering... would it be viable to replace the shea/cocoa/mango butter with say... macadamia butter? I don't want to use cocoa butter, which is what's available locally, and shipping Lipidthix is way better investment for me than shipping the same weight in shea/mango butter.

Sample recipe:

2 oz beeswax

2 oz macadamia butter

2 oz oil

LOL, I'll be happy to send everybody one when my website is up and running later this summer! :grin2:

Add me to your list! I'm a candle maker with a B&B buddy. Making her a Birthday Gift basket with a recipe book and some exotic ingredients she had listed on her Wish List.

:shocked2: I think it's amazing how a basic recipe as in Post #1 can be played with in so many different ways.

:laugh2: Brat, I made a batch with undeodorized cocoa butter and JS godiva chocolate FO. Holy cow, I had major chocolate cravings and was ready to just chomp off a bite of my lotion bar. I will have to add a DO NOT EAT statement to my label lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...