Non-Greasy Lotion Bar Recipe

Tammie

I have never had to sub out the oil for the FO and I have been making it for about 4 yrs. How much FO did you use? It is warm where you are right now? In the warmer mos. I think it is a lot oiler due to the bar warming so much faster at body contact.

Elle

I found this recipe on the board then just subbed with the kokum cause shea by itself was too greasy for me. You can sub with any other butter cocoa or mango is good too.

I can't remember who posted the original recipe, but thanks lotin bars have become my favorite :D

I believe I posted the recipe. I am glad you are enjoying the lotion bars, they are huge sellers for us. Yes, it a very flexible recipe, you can sub different butters to suit your taste.

You can also use some different oils as long as they can weigh out to the original 1 oz. You can use 1/2 oz SAP and 1/2 oz SFO etc.

Enjoy you new skin, I still am amazed at how they can perk up the driest of hands

Elle

• 2 weeks later...

What do you put this in? Will this come out of a mold? Have looked on the net and these lotion bars are in tins, push up containers and some look molded. I'm a bit new to all this so hope someone could give me a clue... want to try these out.:cheesy2:

• 2 weeks later...