Propietary Wax Blends

Thank you, Dave; I must admit I was hoping you'd have "the secret goods" on the CBL129.

I hope Mr. Bill will read all this and - hopefully - join in... THEN we can pester him to give us the goods on CBL129.

Dave, 129 is an excellent wax; take it for a spin, I'm sure you will really like it :drool:

WOW! That was a quick reply post! (lol)

It's in the cart, M'am! It's in the cart!

Delusional Dave

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still am unable to see how I can order a pound of this from them. I will not order a slab.

I suppose that given that this wax states that it is suitable for votives and also containers it is some blend of those 2 types of waxes. As I am blending.

I blend 4625 with either 4627 or 4630.

Each combination gives me a MP of 135. Not having this 129 wax in hand I cannot ascertain if they add a touch more of something like 4627 or 4630 (each with a MP of 125) to lower to 131 but I would guess that is what they are doing.

I think I need to now name my "proprietary" wax blends. Hmm...what to call them? Perhaps I could name them after my two granddaughters...

I do need to order 2 FO's that I use from CW. Perhaps I will call and ask how I can order a pound of 129 so that I can check this wax out!

I still am unable to see how I can order a pound of this from them. I will not order a slab.

I suppose that given that this wax states that it is suitable for votives and also containers it is some blend of those 2 types of waxes. As I am blending.

I blend 4625 with either 4627 or 4630.

Each combination gives me a MP of 135. Not having this 129 wax in hand I cannot ascertain if they add a touch more of something like 4627 or 4630 (each with a MP of 125) to lower to 131 but I would guess that is what they are doing.

I think I need to now name my "proprietary" wax blends. Hmm...what to call them? Perhaps I could name them after my two granddaughters...

I do need to order 2 FO's that I use from CW. Perhaps I will call and ask how I can order a pound of 129 so that I can check this wax out!

If you haven't already called, the first "click here" on this page to ask product questions is what I used to request a sample of the waxes I was interested in. Bill emailed promptly and shipped the wax either the same day or the following. I was specific in which wax I was interested in and why.

HTH

If you haven't already called, the first "click here" on this page to ask product questions is what I used to request a sample of the waxes I was interested in. Bill emailed promptly and shipped the wax either the same day or the following. I was specific in which wax I was interested in and why.

HTH

I have not (this crazy Greeting Card Company/Digital Marketing career of mine is getting in the way of my wax fun!) so thanks for the tip.

I've been meaning to ask you. Do they still have the contempory card with The Bluebird of Happiness on the front & a fat cat with a real blue feather in his mouth on the inside? I worked at a gift shop in Md. for many years a long, long time ago. That one could make me roll on the ground with laughter no matter how many times I read it.

I have not (this crazy Greeting Card Company/Digital Marketing career of mine is getting in the way of my wax fun!) so thanks for the tip.

I've been meaning to ask you. Do they still have the contempory card with The Bluebird of Happiness on the front & a fat cat with a real blue feather in his mouth on the inside? I worked at a gift shop in Md. for many years a long, long time ago. That one could make me roll on the ground with laughter no matter how many times I read it.

I do not know! That sounds funny. I have been here almost 27 years and I can still laugh aloud at our cards-and the people who write them!

I did also notice that this wax (129) is considered multiple pour. Do any of you who use it pour in cups? I wonder if I would have to do a second pour?

I did also notice that this wax (129) is considered multiple pour. Do any of you who use it pour in cups? I wonder if I would have to do a second pour?
The one I poured without any container wax had a center dip in just the little metal fluted mold. Sooo, it's very possible the cups may need a 2nd pour.

ETA: I poured hot. Pouring cooler may help eliminate it in a portion cup, if it's one ounce.

Edited by jeanie353

Wow! There is a lot of valuable and useful information in this thread. I've got to really study the information contained in this thread. Maybe I'll be able to offer a comment after I've read it a few more times. Thanks everybody for their input and sharing their expertise!!

Well, poopey, guess what just arrived in my inbox? Peak having a 25% off shipping sale; think I'm running a bit low on several FOs :rolleyes2

See you all later, lol. Peak, here I come!

My new fav is Cranberry Citrus. Try it if you have not and enjoy a little fruit in your melter for summer!

eta: I got it, too and thought I should just order my usual wax!

Edited by justajesuschick

Well, poopey, guess what just arrived in my inbox? Peak having a 25% off shipping sale; think I'm running a bit low on several FOs :rolleyes2

I just gotta say Peak is the least expensive of three major places I order from in shipping costs, yet they are half way across the country from me and the others are not.

Headed off to get 4625 and will have to try the Cranberry Citrus while I'm there...and a few others I'm sure.

Jeanie, truth is I would love to order the CBL waxes but unless they have a shipping sale like Peak, I will not buy anything from Candlewic because the shipping is outrageous. I had put a case of CBL129 in my cart (50 lbs.) and shipping to me (NE Texas) is $51.08:shocked2:.

To be perfectly blunt, I think it's a rip!

I get much cheaper rates from CandleScience; for example, a case of 4786 from CandleScience weighs 60 lbs. and the shipping is a little over $38. From Peak, it would cost me $32.

Jeanie, truth is I would love to order the CBL waxes but unless they have a shipping sale like Peak, I will not buy anything from Candlewic because the shipping is outrageous. I had put a case of CBL129 in my cart (50 lbs.) and shipping to me (NE Texas) is $51.08:shocked2:.

To be perfectly blunt, I think it's a rip!

I get much cheaper rates from CandleScience; for example, a case of 4786 from CandleScience weighs 60 lbs. and the shipping is a little over $38. From Peak, it would cost me $32.

Ouch! That hurts!

I'm only a state away, but I have to claim I've never felt "ripped-off" by CW in anything I've purchased from them and had shipped by UPS.

I've bought a bunch from them too over the years. A number of cases of wax and many FO's and supplies, both from their online store and their eBay sales.

I was checking out a another suppliers small six-section clamshells out and discovered that it would cost me $111.00 to have a case of 875 of them shipped to me by standard UPS ground. Yikes! Nothing doing!

I've had five 50 pound cases of wax plus other "goodies" from CW sent here for less than that!

JMO

Dave

Could you share the code with us? =)

Well, good for you, Dave, but I am not talking about just a couple of dollars' difference for a package that weighs less (50 lbs for CBL129 vs 60 lbs for IGI 4786).

The shipping distances are close (approx. 1200 miles from Morrisville, NC - Candle Science; 1000 miles from Denver - Peak,and 1300 miles from Doylestown - Candlewic).

I believe they have great waxes, good customer service and good FOs, but the shipping is what kills the deal for me. Like I said, shipping at 25% off and I would order, but they do not have that shipping discount very often. Sorry, folks, it's jmho :wink2:

I believe they have great waxes, good customer service and good FOs, but the shipping is what kills the deal for me. Like I said, shipping at 25% off and I would order, but they do not have that shipping discount very often. Sorry, folks, it's jmho

To get the exact same products to me, Peak was $6 less shipping the exact same items. Actually no....the wax from Peak was 2/10th of a lb. lighter.

Well, good for you, Dave, but I am not talking about just a couple of dollars' difference for a package that weighs less (50 lbs for CBL129 vs 60 lbs for IGI 4786).

The shipping distances are close (approx. 1200 miles from Morrisville, NC - Candle Science; 1000 miles from Denver - Peak,and 1300 miles from Doylestown - Candlewic).

I believe they have great waxes, good customer service and good FOs, but the shipping is what kills the deal for me. Like I said, shipping at 25% off and I would order, but they do not have that shipping discount very often. Sorry, folks, it's jmho :wink2:

I've already sent a link to this thread to Bill. I hope he reads this. We talked about shipping charges, too. He told me his company has the 200 lb. discount that CS has. I wonder if that was a factor in why I got so much for so little. Maybe his company's shipping calculator isn't working properly or off somehow. Regardless I hope he reads your post and is able to comment on it. I'm sure he wants to make as many potential customers as happy as possible. He did tell me, however, he really doesn't expect too many customers on the West Coast to be interested in his heavier items. Texas should be in the park, though.

I wasn't aware you were from the Lonestar State. I'm just curious why it wouldn't be cheaper to buy wax from say, LS or BCS rather than CS or Peak? Really; No sarcasm or obstinance intended. Just curiosity? Is their shipping cheaper even though they are farther away? I usually buy IGI-4630 from CS. The reason, being price, service and S/H charges.

I do know that CW does run sales bi-weekly. They include deals on wax and 25% shipping breaks from time to time, too. They have a Two-Week "Truckload Sale" on waxes that ends today in effect. It applies to waxes that are bought in case lots.

HEY BILL! READ THIS TOO, PLEASE! THANKS! Dave

No prob, I will tell you my reasons - mind you, they are my "reasons" and some may not understand my madness, lol.

Ok, Lonestar ticked me off big time about - surprise, surprise - shipping charges. There are only very few FOs that I buy from LS. Although BCS is farther from where I live, they have cheaper prices on the waxes I regularly use (4786, 4633) and their shipping is cheaper than LS. Therefore, scrap LS from my Book.

Peak, as far as I'm concerned, is very hard to beat when it comes to FOs; they are great, imho. I do not like the vast majority of FOs from BCN and BCS, only a few.

So, if I need waxes only, it's BCS. FOs is Peak, and LS can go chew on a rotten tomato :laugh2:Also, Peak does not carry the 4633.

Oh, you asked about Candle Science... same there, there are some FOs I really love, but I buy wax there only if it is oos at BCS (not very often at all).

Hope this anwered your questions, Dave. And I do hope Bill will check and see if something can be done about the shipping.

However, you may have a point about their shipping calculator, because I called once (after putting a bunch of stuff in my cart), asking why the shipping was so outrageous, and the lady I spoke with recalculated and gave me a lower price. Perhaps they should take a look at it and fix it? I am sure it would attract more customers! :grin2:

I'm just curious why it wouldn't be cheaper to buy wax from say, LS or BCS rather than CS or Peak?

I don't have my notes anymore of checking shipping at Peak and CS but CS was less than CW and a bit more than Peak. All were using UPS (even though I prefer FedEx). Peak is less expensive than some other places closer to me too but the difference isn't quite as much.

Maybe their shipping calc is off and this will help Bill to realize and fix it. They do have excellent customer service, that's for sure.

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps more than one supplier will read it and consider what some customers feel is important when they decide who they are going to spend their resources with.

JMO

Dave