SURVEY- Your top three fragrance suppliers?

emilyspoppy

• 3 years later...

Remember this survey?  The #1 Supplier was Peak.  Thought it might be interesting to see how this survey has changed in 7 years.  Wanna do it again?  I don't know if I can limit it to 3 though.  In no particular order I would pick:

Nature's Garden

Fragrance Buddy

Aztec

At least those are who I buy from most.  So if you have more than 3 favorites, pick the 3 your purchase from the most.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ShelleyF said:

Peak tied with Candle Science

Muddy Soap Company very strong and amazing

Wholesale Supplies Plus

I had never heard of Muddy Soap Company until a couple of days ago when someone mentioned in in a FB candle making group.  Heaven knows I don't need another supplier or any more FO's but I'm tempted to order from them just so I can buy Idgie Threadgood.  :) 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Karen Ov said:

I think my 3 favorites would be and its a close call for the top 2 would be

Rustic Escentuals 

Flaming Candle  

Indigo

I get really good results with RE and FC 

I haven't ordered from Indigo but Rustic Escentuals is one of  my favorites too.  I just don't order as much from there because they are more costly and the shipping rates are high.  They have a couple of coffee scents I just love.

I order one bottle of FO whenever I order jars from Flaming Candle.  :)  Chai is a best seller in candles and you can't beat their Lemon Verbena.

1 hour ago, GailC said:

I haven't ordered from Indigo but Rustic Escentuals is one of  my favorites too.  I just don't order as much from there because they are more costly and the shipping rates are high.  They have a couple of coffee scents I just love.

I order one bottle of FO whenever I order jars from Flaming Candle.  :)  Chai is a best seller in candles and you can't beat their Lemon Verbena.

I have lemon verbena curing right now, can't wait to light it, 1 more week...Yes RE is costly and there's a 15.00 min order plus the shipping. uhg...   I have tried a few other places but always find myself back at fc and re ..

• Like 1

Only 3??😛

Indigo

(I've been ordering from Indigo for many years, dating back to when Dawn & her hubby started on Etsy. Customer service is always on point, pricing & shipping are pretty dang good if you ask me, and I have never, not once, had an issue with my orders. Indigo will always a top pick for me.)

The Flaming Candle

(I only started purchasing from TFC a few months ago and I am loving many of their oils.)

Save On Scents

(I really like the wide range of oils from SOS. Sooo many to choose from!)

@Dreamer, I know right?  I have more than 3 also, that's why I qualified it as who you purchase from most.  I love Rustic Escentuals but don't order from them nearly as often, plus Mill Creek, plus Candlewic, plus Cierra plus Candlescience plus Flaming Candle plus plus plus.

But I've never ordered from Indigo or Save on Scents and I refuse to visit their websites so matter how good you say they are!  :) 

On 4/20/2020 at 12:45 PM, GailC said:

I had never heard of Muddy Soap Company until a couple of days ago when someone mentioned in in a FB candle making group.  Heaven knows I don't need another supplier or any more FO's but I'm tempted to order from them just so I can buy Idgie Threadgood.  :) 

I just realized you sent pm. I sent one back. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 12:45 PM, GailC said:

You need to lol they are very similar to mad oils. Very high quality. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/25/2013 at 7:52 PM, cynthia3030 said:

I don't know what all of the initials mean. Can y'all help me out and spell out your responses just for this short survey. Thanks.

Same!!! I've been wanting to ask! Also: what is Peak? I know it's a vendor but when another vendor sels a scent and says, "Scented Scent  Example" by Peak®....what does that mean? By Peak? A dupe? I guess I need to know what/who Peak is first! And then all the other abbreviations. Thanks in advance!

14 minutes ago, wild4waxmelts said:

Same!!! I've been wanting to ask! Also: what is Peak? I know it's a vendor but when another vendor sels a scent and says, "Scented Scent  Example" by Peak®....what does that mean? By Peak? A dupe? I guess I need to know what/who Peak is first! And then all the other abbreviations. Thanks in advance!

Visit the suppliers by state list full names 🤗

peak used to be a supplier. You are right that those you see by other sellers are dupes. 

14 hours ago, wild4waxmelts said:

Years ago when I started making candles, I had to rely on that abbreviation list a lot.  Plus I learned what FO, OOB, HT and CT meant.  :) 

1 hour ago, wild4waxmelts said:

The list is gone! It’s errors out. 😰

No: the link to all the abbreviations and what they stand for.

Two posts above someone asked about the abbreviations first (here's a copy):

"I don't know what all of the initials mean. Can y'all help me out and spell out your responses just for this short survey. Thanks.""

...And then someone else said, "Years ago when I started making candles, I had to rely on that abbreviation list a lot.  Plus I learned what FO, OOB, HT and CT meant.  :)"

I could have sworn the link was with that comment yet now I see the confusion I caused. SO I just opened a 2nd window (I'm on my Mac...not phone) and tried to find the dead link....and in looking for it I stumbled upon this topic. The other link was referred to a few times in different questions and it "404'd" every time. Let's see if this link works. It's not exactly a link to a file with all the abbreviations but there's quite a bunch here. Please, please tell me this workes!! I'm new here: please right this off as they say in the south: "Bless her heart....she's a blonde but that's not politically correct!" LOL

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/25/2013 at 8:53 PM, Belinda said:

I'm very new to tart/candle making, but have ordered from several suppliers. I guess most have good oils and also duds but I think I've had the best luck so far with the following.

Indiana Candle Supplies-so far haven't got one from them that hasn't been good and strong.

Natures Garden-most have been good with a few duds

Cajun-have only ordered a few from them but so far only one that I didn't like

The Candle Makers Store would be next. I like everything I've ordered from them so far, just haven't put that many in wax yet.

I've ordered a lot of oils from Just Scent and love several of them that I have but have had several duds too.

Right now I'm waiting on an order from Daystar and Candlewic

I've ordered several from Fragrance Buddy and they have been a hit and a miss too. They have free shipping with a $50 order and I like that.

@Belinda, has your top suppliers list changed in 9 years? I think it's interesting that one of your top choices was The Candlemaker's Store. I've seen so many negative reviews about them. 

You and I have discussed them before. I haven't been impressed with many of their oils, although to be fair, most of what I have gotten are the free ones with $100 order and the $10 specials available in their little store. The few regular priced ones I've ordered have been strong enough though. It's true with that company; you get what you pay for.

On 4/11/2013 at 8:52 AM, emilyspoppy said:

I think one of the lessons I'll take from this thread is how subjective choosing FO's can be. It makes complete sense, though.

Why are we shopping? Is it business or pleasure? Are we a chandler only, strictly a soaper or do we make a multitude of scented products.

One of the qualities MOST of us are looking for from a fragrance supplier is stregnth of throw. I'd say that is the biggest issue, but variety of fragrances is very important as is price and service. The "opinions" of members who posted on this board can be very usefull if we can apply that information to the way we shop for fragrances.

What tends to distract us most, however, is we all seem to have one or two fragrances we can't seem to do without regardless of who offers them.

As Will S. wrote; "There's the rub."

By far, the majority of us are always searching out that elusive "smell" we just have to have, or we have one that's "acceptable", but we want to find one that's just a bit "better", a bit "truer", a bit "stronger".

Thus we seem to be perpetually searching for something that even when we find it we'll get bored in time and the prospect of a new "love" will keep us scouring the internet stores hoping to stumble onto that magical elixer that we'll rave over until we move on in our fickle way to start a new quest.

Two days ago I sent in an order to a supplier, I had never puchased from before. Yesterday I placed another order will a "new to me" supplier that didn't even get one mention in this thread.

I know this is beyond foolish and really a waste of my ever-diminishing resources, but I can't seem to stop.

Am I the only one in this leaky barge?

I need to cut back; But, how?

Was this thread really that useful? I hope so. I'll try to keep it in mind myself when I feel the need to "explore".

I'll admit that my motivation to shop with two new suppliers this week was not fragrance driven, but regardless, over twenty FO samples with each wound up in my shopping carts. I just shook my head both times I pushed those "committ to order" buttons.

There will be close to fifty new little bottles of oil that I will have to manage to squeeze onto my already very over-loaded fragrance racks.

Dave

I don't know if you're still on this forum Dave, but this post really resonated with me. Especially this:  By far, the majority of us are always searching out that elusive "smell" we just have to have, or we have one that's "acceptable", but we want to find one that's just a bit "better", a bit "truer", a bit "stronger".

Unfortunately, I can't seem to stay off the Facebook Destash group. Lately I have ordered 22 samples from one seller and am waiting for 4 sixteen oz bottles of FO from another. One of my joys in life is sniffing bottles of new fragrance oils. My cabinets are already stuffed full, but I don't care!

• Like 1

On 3/25/2013 at 8:54 PM, moonshine said:

In order of the most fragrances I buy from:

CS

Peak

JS

I use soy and currently use 13 other suppliers for about an average of 4 scents from each one

I am really liking ICS, MW, MC, CC and Daystar...so ask this survey again next month and it may be different! Lol

I think I may have to drop some scents to bring in the new!

This is so funny to look back at 

I don’t use CS much anymore at all and I don’t JS at all- and well peak is gone 🤷‍♀️
things change drastically over 9 years time 😂

• Like 1