SURVEY- Your top three fragrance suppliers?

emilyspoppy

I'm actually reluctant to start this thread. I don't wan't it to be restrictive nor overly-subjective. Any comments or diversions from the core of the topic would be fine.

Finding this board at the beginning of this year opened-up a whole new world of fragrance suppliers, I didn't know existed. It has been an enlightenment, but also a concern for me. I'm no longer certain, that I'm stocking the best fragrances that are available to me.

I know that many if not most members on this board, including me, buy from more than three suppliers, but I would like to get a better idea of where I should be investing my limited resources searching out suppliers I am not familiar with.

Since I've joined this board, I will no longer even consider buying from what used to be my main supplier of fragrances. I will not even mention the name of that company, due to very personal reasons. I now have a serious need "to go shopping", but I don't know where to start.

I'm a chandler only who prefers to mix his own blends and thus I would prefer to use suppliers who stock "primary/simple" fragrances that are for use in paraffin candles.

At this time my three FO primary suppliers of choice are (in order);

Peak - Consistantly strong, Good packaging, Good selection, Friendly site, SUPPORT ALAN & THIS BOARD

Gemlite - A bit hit & miss but; Stock primarily basic fragrances, good pricing, quick & reasonable priced shipping

Candlescience - A bit hit & miss but; I'm very familar with their FO's due to annual sampler sales, provides honest feedback reviews, great service (Wished they still took PayPal!)

If anyone would be willing to participate in this survey, I would very much appreciate their response.

Thanks to all for reading and sharing!

Dave @ Charlotte Hall Country Candles

• Like 1

1: Save on Scents ( for food types + novelty FOs)

2. Peaks ( for best sellers, classic scents + perfume dupes)

3. BCS+BCN joint companies (for homey scent and best value)

* runner up would be CandleScience.

Edited by rctfavr3
  • Like 1

Candlesoylutions - closest to me, works in my EL soy, great customer service

Natures garden- great selection, reasonable shipping,strong, variety of products (ie aroma beads, fo's, soap etc)

Candle Science- good selection, so far all fo's ive tried are good, reasonable shipping

• Like 1

I have tried FO's from 18 suppliers. I am a hobbyist that is only choosing scents that I personally prefer rather than choosing for a customer base and I only make melts.

Peak

Rustic Escentuals

Nature's Garden

eta: I prefer bakery, spice, vanilla and laundry scents. I do no floral, patch, woods, greens nor musk.

Edited by justajesuschick

1: Save on Scents ( for food types + novelty FOs)

2. Peaks ( for best sellers, classic scents + perfume dupes)

3. BCS+BCN joint companies (for homey scent and best value)

* runner up would be CandleScience.

the above..plus many others.

candlemakers store

lonestar

candlewic

we get many oils direct from the makers.

there r wonderful n honest resellers out there. I named a few..

hope others will give their 2 cents.

take care!

I should be ashamed for not giving CCS a try. They're only 2 hours away from me, shipping would be so freaking fast. :slaps forehead: Duh!

Yes, and they are the original Alabaster oils - excellent FOs!

Edited by PeggyK

I'm very new to tart/candle making, but have ordered from several suppliers. I guess most have good oils and also duds but I think I've had the best luck so far with the following.

Indiana Candle Supplies-so far haven't got one from them that hasn't been good and strong.

Natures Garden-most have been good with a few duds

Cajun-have only ordered a few from them but so far only one that I didn't like

The Candle Makers Store would be next. I like everything I've ordered from them so far, just haven't put that many in wax yet.

I've ordered a lot of oils from Just Scent and love several of them that I have but have had several duds too.

Right now I'm waiting on an order from Daystar and Candlewic

I've ordered several from Fragrance Buddy and they have been a hit and a miss too. They have free shipping with a $50 order and I like that.

In order of the most fragrances I buy from:

CS

Peak

JS

I use soy and currently use 13 other suppliers for about an average of 4 scents from each one

I am really liking ICS, MW, MC, CC and Daystar...so ask this survey again next month and it may be different! Lol

I think I may have to drop some scents to bring in the new!

• Haha 1

Unfortunately, I, too have a bunch (not 13!) from which I order 1-4 scents. I did not intend it to be that way!

Me either... But I have an issue with giving them up because I love them so much- but I don't want to test more from those suppliers because I already have TOO much and the samples I tried of the same from my trusty 3 just don't make the cut! Lol

It's a horrible problem to have- tons of shipping but I just can't stop myself...I should have never acquired so many samples over the years

Guest OldGlory

Top three:

Aztec - I love being able to walk in to the showroom and sniff them all. I also usually buy 2 lb bottles at a great price.

Candle Science - great rating system , and results have been very reliable for me.

Aroma Haven/ Rustic Escentuals