The Candlemakers Store

babudust

I use a lot of FOs from them. I buy the B grade and have great results in candles, melts and soap. I will say that I don't like their dupes. They are almost never close to the original. For example, dark kiss and twilight woods were so far off its not even funny. Their cottage breeze, midsummers night and midnight pomegranate are some dupes that I have been happy with though.

Scents from Candlemakers Store that sell well for me:

Midnight Pomegranate

Grape Berry

Mint Meadow

Pumpkin Hollow

Midsummers Night

Orange Spice

Blackberry Amber (huge seller for me)

Victorian Christmas

Fir Clove

Vanilla Bean (I blend this with another vanilla and birthday cake for my "signature" vanilla)

Sparkling Lemon

Overall, I'm happy with most everything I've ever got from them. The are my primary supplier for glass and wicks, too.

I use their A grade Pomegranate and Blueberry Pomegranate. Knock you socks off and strong enough that I don't have to use as much oil as I do with the other oils from other places. I have used their Lovespell in a pinch when Tennessee is out of stock and even though oob is smelled different one I put in wax neither I or my customers noticed any difference.

The vanilla grapefruit, or grapefruit vanilla is great. The white cake is wonderful.

I second the vanilla grapefruit. Not sure why they list it both ways, I even emailed them one time to see if there was any difference and was told it was the same thing. :D

:embarasseAm curious about a few of their oils too. Anyone tried their new Neverland (Scentsy type) yet? Am wondering what their Apple Creek smells like? I need more like a hole in the head. Just organized & cleaned out my oil cabinet...embarrassing. Sorry to hi-jack your thread, Babudust.

Edited by marcuset

If you like coconut, buy their coconut cream...love it and an awesome blender. Lemongrass is very strong and nice. Pumpkin Hollow, Midsummers Night, Christmas Eve, Apple Jack & Peel, Vanilla Bean, Clove, Orange Danish, Mac Apple, Island Mango & Coconut, Muscadine, Cappuccino Brulee, Coffee Break, Honey, Cinnamon Stick....all great! I have also bought their 4 & 8 oz Alum bottles, glass jars, labels and potpourri refresher. Wonderful supplier and quick shipping! :)

I third (or fourth or fifth) their Orange Danish, and I also use their Cinnamon Stick. I would love to try more of their FO's but their website is overwhelming, and without descriptions, it makes it hard to choose and then I end up giving up. I really want to try their Boysenberry one of these days.

I would love to try more of their FO's but their website is overwhelming, and without descriptions, it makes it hard to choose and then I end up giving up. \

This. I ordered just once and had too many misses because I do not know their line. While I appreciate their idea that scent is subjective so they offer no descriptions, had I known something had musk, pine, etc. I would not have ordered.

I find their site to be bothersome and unimaginative. I find them also to be a bit pricey and agree that descriptions should be offerred with their fragrances. Their sales are dull, unamaginative and virtually the same each month. I get their newsletter/sales ad, but have not bought from them in years. When I get around to it, I'll ask to be removed from their subscriber list.

There are just to many suppliers doing a better job of marketing their products IMO.

• Like 1

I agree...it's been over a year since I have ordered anything from them.

A month or so ago I decided to give them another try but when I got to the cart and saw the shipping cost I got outta there.

I have nothing but praise for the Candlemakers Store. I find their wax prices to be very competitive, fragrance selection large, and customer service top notch. Their A Grade fragrance is a money saver.

Well, on a whim I just had to try a few & was able to try one I'd wondered about - Apple Creek. I know I've appreciated it when others have tried to describe scents to me that I'm foreign to. So, if you've ever tried KY's Apple Clove Butter - it's very similar, IMO. It wasn't that "mystery elixir" that I think all of us look for at one point or another. It's a nice one, though. I do wish they'd provide some sort of scent description - limits me from trying more. Have yet to pour their version of Pink Sands & some others.

• 1 year later...

I live nearby there and I really like their customer service and many of their fragrances.  My favorite is Monkey Bomb.  It smells so wonderful and fresh yet strong.  My sister said she thinks it should be called Apricot.   I use oz/lb and it is STRONG in GW 444 wax. 

I also loved their Mocha Cappucchino. I also used GW 444 at 9% though.  It smelled rich and deliscious.  It was strong enough to smell up the whole apt.  I've tried a Vanilla Jamaican Coffee from another supplier and my bf and I much preffered the one from the candlemaker's store.

Chocolate covered cherries also had an awesome hot throw in GW 444 and it was very rich and powerful.  STRONG hot throw. 

I've tried many other of their fragrances but didn't get to experience them because of they were gifts.  The cold throw of the lime verbena was extremely strong though.  The woman I gave the gift to said they don't even need to burn it because it scents up the whole room without being lit and they want to save it. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 3/18/2013 at 6:27 PM, puma52 said:

If you like coconut, buy their coconut cream...love it and an awesome blender. Lemongrass is very strong and nice. Pumpkin Hollow, Midsummers Night, Christmas Eve, Apple Jack & Peel, Vanilla Bean, Clove, Orange Danish, Mac Apple, Island Mango & Coconut, Muscadine, Cappuccino Brulee, Coffee Break, Honey, Cinnamon Stick....all great! I have also bought their 4 & 8 oz Alum bottles, glass jars, labels and potpourri refresher. Wonderful supplier and quick shipping! :)

Puma whats Christmas Eve like ? I hate that theres no descriptions :( I just don't understand that - so dumb. Heres some I was looking at that Im hoping 

someone has used. Honey Pear Cider - Orange Honey - Snow Cream - Sugar Plum - Buttery Maple Syrup - Balsam + Cedar  -Victorian Christmas - 

Lemon Cupcake - White Cake - Tobacco Vanilla - Raspberry Cream or Raspberry - Coffee Caramel Cream ? Sorry for the list lol !