I can choose 2 waxes help please!!

mulberrysoap

Hi with massive juggling, I can now choose 2 waxes for clamshells.

I have been testing with 4794 and 4786 and both are ok, not 100% great, it could be my methods tho.

I have been doing tons of reading and research and 4625 and 6098 is supposed to be a great tart wax blend.

Any further thoughts on this?

I can just about afford to purchase 2 different waxes and I prefer paraffin, the ht is the most important because I hopefully will eventually be selling wax melts online only.

Any tips or help would be much appreciated. I also am a fan girl for IGI

I am also looking into the tcs miracle wax that Ravens and others rave about for tarts.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the following waxes from peaks all igi - 4786,4794,4630, 4625, 1343, 4627.

More 4794,4826,4786 was sent to me from igi.

You have quite a few winners in the bunch you have-according to my testing.

So far (just made melts with TCS wax yesterday so while they will be in contention, they are not yet in play) the 50/50 combo of 4625/4627 is ahead just by a touch to the same percentage in 4625/4630.

Sending boxes tomorrow to 2 who will be testing a number of melts in these two blends. They will not know which is which. Eager to hear their feedback.

I use 4627/4625 at 50% each for tarts. Sooner or later I'm going to try higher %s of 4627 to see if it still pops out of container.

One thing that I do not like as well as my stand-by blend is that cleaning out my warmer dishes is tougher with 4627. The 4625/4630 pops right out. Likewise, I do notice that when 4627 is a part of the blend (even with 4794, for instance), they do not come out of my cups as easily/cleanly.

That's so different from my testing, they pop right out of cups, clamshells. It has to be the difference in states & weather.

You have quite a few winners in the bunch you have-according to my testing.

So far (just made melts with TCS wax yesterday so while they will be in contention, they are not yet in play) the 50/50 combo of 4625/4627 is ahead just by a touch to the same percentage in 4625/4630.

Sending boxes tomorrow to 2 who will be testing a number of melts in these two blends. They will not know which is which. Eager to hear their feedback.

One thing that I do not like as well as my stand-by blend is that cleaning out my warmer dishes is tougher with 4627. The 4625/4630 pops right out. Likewise, I do notice that when 4627 is a part of the blend (even with 4794, for instance), they do not come out of my cups as easily/cleanly.

Thanks for your help Jesuschick and chandlerwicks it is all just so many possibilities, now with this miracle tcs wax in play, I am going to try to find out if IGI make it, if it is as good as is suggested, I could get it from Tcs and shipped via IGI lol.

I need to knuckle down and test these combos. In the US the temps vary so much, so that is something you all test for, in the UK,it is pretty much cold or warm, never raging hot. If you plan to sell mainly online like the tart vendors doing amazing business right now, then cold throw and heat might not play too great a part. One tart vendor opened today and has taken a ton in orders so far!

Chandlerwicks-It must be!

My dishes have to be wiped out after melting. Much more like soy than the 4625/4630. I know that most do not care about that but I like being able to pop it out and my local tester (unaided) commented that she liked the wax blend that pops out.

Unless the TCS wax blows them both away, I am likely landing on the 4625/4627. Have to wait on my tester's results. If it is a tie between those two, I'll go with 4630 just for simplicity of use.

Edited by justajesuschick

Thanks for your help Jesuschick and chandlerwicks it is all just so many possibilities, now with this miracle tcs wax in play, I am going to try to find out if IGI make it, if it is as good as is suggested, I could get it from Tcs and shipped via IGI lol.

I need to knuckle down and test these combos. In the US the temps vary so much, so that is something you all test for, in the UK,it is pretty much cold or warm, never raging hot. If you plan to sell mainly online like the tart vendors doing amazing business right now, then cold throw and heat might not play too great a part. One tart vendor opened today and has taken a ton in orders so far!

I sure wish you success!

Wax testing has about ruined the fun for me. I need to narrow and be done and work on FO testing and really work on FO blending. I have 23 scents finalized now. Next I need to get better about turning those 23 into 46. As a hobbyist, I do not want to have a line up of 100 original scents.

PLEASE do keep us posted on your result and ESPECIALLY if you uncover from which waxes the TCS is made!

For sure, Jesuschick, I will let you all know what I am going with, I have not even begun testing on fo's yet, I have that to look forward to, I have purchased fo's from peaks, candle science, community, backwoods, moonworks, BCN and BCS, SW, Daystar, just scent, actually most of them!! Lol!!! Need to narrow down the wax blend!! At this point, it would have been cheaper to buy a small tart companies business!! Or pay for consultancy, both of those options are actually appealing!

Simply fragrant she is an enabler!!lol I have indeed purchased from candle cocoon and I am loving her scents, she was one of the first. :-) seriously I have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on oils in the past month.it is an addiction, I have no business knowing about connie, but I must try her oils also!

Simply fragrant she is an enabler!!lol I have indeed purchased from candle cocoon and I am loving her scents, she was one of the first. :-) seriously I have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on oils in the past month.it is an addiction, I have no business knowing about connie, but I must try her oils also!

I have to admit, CW lead me astray too towards Candle Cocoon! And she does have some lovely oils.