Bumps From Hanging Embeds?

eitsfan

Hi Everyone,

I am making some gel candles for a wedding and after I cut the thread holding the embeds in place, noticed there were some bumps on the top of the candle. I can't say I've noticed these before so I was wondering if they will go away or is there something I can do to make them go away. I've attached a picture.

Thanks!

Chris

post-16053-139458508349_thumb.jpg

Hi Everyone,

I am making some gel candles for a wedding and after I cut the thread holding the embeds in place, noticed there were some bumps on the top of the candle. I can't say I've noticed these before so I was wondering if they will go away or is there something I can do to make them go away. I've attached a picture.

Thanks!

Chris

You can use a heat gun or even just a blow dryer to smooth the top out.

• 9 months later...

To me it seems that the weight of the pendants generated a sort of traction toward the bottom (ah, gravity!), maybe the bumps are because the gel was sinking where the weigh was.

I don't work with gel but if others who are more expertised suggest to try a heat gun then go for it.

• 7 years later...

I know this is an old post but if someone else comes looking for the answer --- Use a heat gun or torch. I wouldn't have a gel candle business without either. I use them ALL the time for various purposes, and smoothing out the tops of candles is one of them.

• 9 months later...