Baby Cake, added topview pic

pdevine

I hope this pic doesn't break the board. Just alittle something I'd played around with. I should have taken the picture at a different angle. The yellow pieces laying around on it is baby strollers, bottles and small teddy bears.

post-139-139458389625_thumb.jpg

post-139-13945838969_thumb.jpg

Mtngrl, yes the block is wicked, that's the only wick in it. The bottom was made using an 8" cake pan and the top layer was made using a 6" cake pan. Then I modgepodged the 2 layers together and iced the whole thing, then applied the flowers and decorations using modgepodge also.

I will try and get a top view pic posted tomorrow. Thanks a bunch for the compliments. Portia

Thank you all, but NO, it takes less time to do/make one of these than it does a pillar,,,,,,,,,,,LOL...........Only the block on top is wicked and testing that to get the right wick took the most time. Basically with these, I pour wax into both heated pans (top layer and bottom layer) unmold them,,,,grubby the icing on and place the decorations around the cake,,,,,,Wa,,,,La,,,,,,,,pretty it up and you are finished.,,,,,,,,,Portia

Even though I'll probably never go in that direction, I admire your handiwork. Thanks for sharing your technique.

Portia, something you said inspired a thought ... have you thought about making/using some kind of base (kinda along the lines of a votive cup) that the cube could sit in that once it melts down, the remaining wax could be removed & a new cube candle put in its place? I don't know if you're into selling product yet, but that could really increase the value of the base. You could include additional blocks of different "baby" colors & FOs, if you wanted to.