"Rose" FO for CP??

Charley

I'm looking for a natural rose fragrance and not the typical old granny's smell!! Has anyone soaped a rose fragrance oil with any luck, if so what supplier? I know how florals can be and I don't want to end up with soap on a stick. TIA

BTW-- I intend to use rose water for all or part of my liquid. If that works, I will get some rose bushes and grow my own roses to make the rose water. I already make and use my own lavender water for my lavender soap and its amazing how the floral infused water makes the fragrance pop and last.

Thank you everyone for your input! At least now I'm in the right direction but need to decide which one I want to use. I have Victorian Rose from BCN, beautiful fragrance but not good in CP cuz it's instant soap on a stick..............

I just got the Gypsy Rose from MW as well and haven't had a chance to soap it. Good to hear it does well. Have read recommendations for Sweet Cakes True Rose, that it's very authentic rose with a touch of green. Those that soaped with full water didn't seem to have a problem with acceleration, low-temp soapers noticed some A. Others said it soaped like a floral and to be ready for it to move.

Curiosity got the best of me and I had to try the Victorian Rose for myself a little while ago! Rather than using a recipe with a lot of ingredients, I used a basic 3 oil recipe w/ no water discount and it turned out really well with the exception of the fragrance disappearing :( Maybe after it cures the Rose fragrance will return?

I made a one pound test batch using 25% CO, 25% PO and 50% OO and it worked wonderful. No acceleration, ricing or anything. NO soap on a stick! What I did was mix my oils and lye water just to emulsification and then added .5 oz of the FO and mixed slowly for a few seconds by hand and then used the SB to light trace, enough time to mix. I didn't use any colorant this time because I just wanted to test the FO. I also decided to try Moonworks so I'm "impatiently" waiting for her oil!!

@Marilyn: If I end up using this FO, I think I may need to increase to 1 oz pp.

Edited by Charley

Hey Charley,

Yeah, I didn't even think 1 oz pp was enough, so upped to 1.5 oz ppo. I did check the website and it says it can be used up to 13.3%. Of course, who wants to use that much? Too expensive! I think you may not get much scent at .5 oz.

Oh, and the site says it's been reformulated, so what I had may not even be the same as what you have. I last soaped it 6 years ago. I did really love that scent, though, and it sold well. Good luck! Hope the scent comes back for you.

I received my Moonworks "Gypsy Rose" a little while ago and it's definitely hands down the prettiest Rose fragrance I've ever smelled next to a real rose. Definitely going to use this one in CP and probably in my wax too. So happy I decided on this FO.