The Candle Source Wax

Cindy/WI

This wax is AMAZING!! Thank you so much Ravens for recommending it!!! I have yet to find an FO that doesn't throw, and throw well!!

Hi FS....Did you get the slab or the pastilles?

While they are starting out good for me, I'm having a bit of a problem getting them to last past 6 hours and then the scent is very low. Not even enough to scent a 1/2 bath. I must say the 4625 blends aren't doing as good as they did for me in the past either. The difference this time is I used 6% (used to go 10%) FO in each blend and am using BH&G/Scentsational warmers. May have to add a pinch of vybar to see if it helps keep the scent in when I redo all these blends. Well, I'm only on blend #4 so have a ways to go to see if there is a winner in the bunch.

I've received the pellets both times I have ordered, and I mix mine 75/25 with 4633. Last night when we came in from church I put 1 oz Sugar Cookie (MW) in my Living Room burner and it is still going strong, at 5% FO. The testers have gone so well they are BEGGING for more, and the Blackberry I ordered from Daystar is going over sooooo well too!! I quit using my Illumination warmer, that puppy just burnt the wax!! I have a combo/plate style warmer in my bath that I still use, I'm getting decent throw with the scents I've tried in it so far, super strong and lasting about 12 hours before burning out. And with my small plug in warmer I'm getting 2 days or more. I've tested out 14 scents so far, and all have been spectacular!!

I've received the pellets both times I have ordered, and I mix mine 75/25 with 4633. Last night when we came in from church I put 1 oz Sugar Cookie (MW) in my Living Room burner and it is still going strong, at 5% FO. The testers have gone so well they are BEGGING for more, and the Blackberry I ordered from Daystar is going over sooooo well too!! I quit using my Illumination warmer, that puppy just burnt the wax!! I have a combo/plate style warmer in my bath that I still use, I'm getting decent throw with the scents I've tried in it so far, super strong and lasting about 12 hours before burning out. And with my small plug in warmer I'm getting 2 days or more. I've tested out 14 scents so far, and all have been spectacular!!

Since it's a tart wax that should already be the right consistency for clamshells, why do you need to add 4625 pillar wax to it?

I don't add a pillar wax, 4633 is a container wax. It softens it up a bit, but not too much. I was just trying different blends and I liked it, so I kept it.

Oh, okay, I must have had a senior moment, sorry about that! lol I've been doing so many typos lately! Do you think the HT is better with that blend?

I've received the pellets both times I have ordered, and I mix mine 75/25 with 4633

Glad you are having great success. 2-3 days is what I used to get from 4625/6098. What I don't remember is which electric warmer I had at the time. I did use tea light warmers too but really don't want to test with those.

I was doing 50/50. Will try 75/25 and see if that hold up longer.

Ordered a combo bowl/plate warmer from Amazon earlier to see if that makes a difference. I'm still thinking the BH&G ones where the light bulb is very close to the melt tray might be burning off some scent.

Glad you are having great success. 2-3 days is what I used to get from 4625/6098. What I don't remember is which electric warmer I had at the time. I did use tea light warmers too but really don't want to test with those.

I was doing 50/50. Will try 75/25 and see if that hold up longer.

Ordered a combo bowl/plate warmer from Amazon earlier to see if that makes a difference. I'm still thinking the BH&G ones where the light bulb is very close to the melt tray might be burning off some scent.

Oh, I think the opposite on warmers. I have a couple of plate combo warmers like these:

http://www.amazon.com/Candle-Warmers-Etc-Warmer-Toffee/dp/B007HLY2D6/ref=sr_1_48?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1362426631&sr=1-48&keywords=candle+warmers+etc.

I'd be happy to give and mail you one if I could without it getting broken.

They get too hot for my melts. I get strong scent and right away but they lose their scent quickly. My light bulb warmers (mine happen to be Scentsy) do not deliver as strong a scent but the melts last much longer.

I have some punched tin bulb warmers, the scent last much longer in them than the plate style warmers. The Illumination warmers have like a halogen bulb in the and they get soooo hot, the scent is gone in no time and the wax smells like it is burning. I would say the plate warmers are somewhere in between the two of them.

Oh, I think the opposite on warmers. I have a couple of plate combo warmers like these:

http://www.amazon.com/Candle-Warmers...e+warmers+etc.

I'd be happy to give and mail you one if I could without it getting broken.

They get too hot for my melts. I get strong scent and right away but they lose their scent quickly. My light bulb warmers (mine happen to be Scentsy) do not deliver as strong a scent but the melts last much longer.

JaJC ~ Thank you for offering the combo warmer. I do have the combo coming from Amazon. If it turns out to work better than the type I have, I'll be happy to buy the combo warmer from you.

Is the bulb close to the warmer tray on the Scentsy warmers? The large BH&G/ Sensational warmers take a 25 watt bulb same as large Scentsy so all that is left is the closeness of the heat source, as far as the warmer being a problem, I'd think. I'm not even getting what I could call strong HT. It's there, it's noticeable but that's about all I can say good about them right now. This is using AH Toasted Marshmallow.

I have so many different blends that are all doing the same thing which is why I'm thinking warmer or too low FO percentage. Also, could be due to using 50/50 rather than 75/25 in each one which I'm going to redo hopefully today or tomorrow.

JaJC ~ Thank you for offering the combo warmer. I do have the combo coming from Amazon. If it turns out to work better than the type I have, I'll be happy to buy the combo warmer from you.

Is the bulb close to the warmer tray on the Scentsy warmers? The large BH&G/ Sensational warmers take a 25 watt bulb same as large Scentsy so all that is left is the closeness of the heat source, as far as the warmer being a problem, I'd think. I'm not even getting what I could call strong HT. It's there, it's noticeable but that's about all I can say good about them right now. This is using AH Toasted Marshmallow.

I have so many different blends that are all doing the same thing which is why I'm thinking warmer or too low FO percentage. Also, could be due to using 50/50 rather than 75/25 in each one which I'm going to redo hopefully today or tomorrow.

I'd be happy to give it to you. Right now it is in a bag for a fundraising garage sale but my friend has not picked the things up yet so let me know and if I still have it, it is yours.

I'd not say that the bulb is right under the dish in my Scentsy warmers so maybe that is the difference.

where is everyone that uses tcs wax? I really wanted to know about the ct after packaging it and a few weeks to a month later,how is the ct and is ht still great?Wells,thanks anyway.

I don't know where the TCS tart wax users are at the moment, but I can tell you that one of the TCS tart wax users here sent me a box of her tarts, including some she'd had around for awhile because she had discontinued that scent but knew I'd like it, as well as some of her faves, and the CT was so strong I could smell those tarts through the box! When I opened the box the CT just about knocked me out! lol

Ok, here's one of TCS wax users! First I'd like to thank HorsescentS for not mentioning who sent her the wax tarts; secondly, I am the one who sent her TCS tarts, lol.

In response to Country bee's question, I can tell you that even after months of sitting in their glass jars (where I keep my stock of tarts), their CT/HT remains intact.

I've been "quiet" because I have received my shipment of TCS wax in pellet form, and need to conduct my "research/experiment", :laugh2:

I've been "quiet" because I have received my shipment of TCS wax in pellet form, and need to conduct my "research/experiment", :laugh2:

Did you used to receive slabs? I am trying to figure which is the one people have had great success with and which is the newer/unexpected form. Can you help me understand? Thanks!

Thanks Raven, the wax I have used for years is not working so well now on ct after a while-even in glass its just up to what it use to be ,I did not want the same problem.Hows your testing going.I did e-mail tcs and asked them about the pellets and slab and consistance,they said it was exactly the same wax.I guess you will let us know after testing.

Slabs. Right now I a going through one tough "candle-nose" period - big time, so I cannot smell a thing. Others can, but not me:sad2:. Though I appreciate their input/opinions, I have to personally check on the HT, lol. In addition I have developed chronic sinus problems, and that doesn't help matters.

I did contact Loren and he assured me it is exactly the same wax. Maybe so, but I need to ask him another question which I forgot to ask. I want to know WHY they changed the "look".... what was wrong with the slabs? I mean, have you also wondered about that?

These are the FOs I will test; they always threw extremely well with that wax; if they do not, then something's up and Loren better spill the beans:waiting: Oh, ok, the FOs:

Cucumber melon

Fairy garden

Amish harvest

KS Desire

KS Passionate kisses

High maintenance

Liquid crack

Dreamcatcher

Rain water

Orange chiffon cake.

How's everyone's testing going? :smiley2:

Thanks!

Eagerly following all of the testing and appreciate all of the insight.

Now toddling off to discover what the FO called Liquid Crack...haha!

What a name, huh? But I changed it; I call it "Addiction"; it is from Daystar. Here is the link:

http://www.daystarsupplies.com/collectionNew-2.htm#LiquidCrack

Edited by Ravens