The Candle Source Wax

Cindy/WI

Bwhahahaha! :laugh2::laugh2: We can't help ourselves, Jeanie! DH sometimes asks, "Why are you always experimenting in there?" Most men just don't get it, do they?

I just caved too!

Ordered a few samples from Peak to make up the container portion. They didn't have 4633 so I'll try 4627 and 4630.

It really stinks because right now I'm in demo. mode in my house and really can't test anything, at least not without getting frustrated because I have to stop for this or that :( After a year of gutting our house we're almost done!!!!) My "room" is all done but hubby knows I'm a wax slob and wants to put down linoleum lol and he wants to put my sink in yet.... *taps foot waiting and waiting* BUT I can buy, hoard and wait :)

I had to try this wax for myself after all I've "heard" about it on here..and it is AWESOME! I think I like it better then my KY133/4627 blend or my 4786/4630!! I made Very Sexy for him and it lasted 3 DAYS in my warmer! Truly impressive =)

Are you testing their 'tart' blend or the 'pillar/votive' ? Thet dont list a tart/container blend that was mentioned earlier.

Cindy/WI

It can arrive both ways, in pellet form or slab. If in pellet form, take a handful of the wax and squeeze it; if it feels greasy and clumps together a lot, then you may very well have ended up with their container blend, which, in my experience, is awful.

Ok so am I using the wrong wax from them? Mine is not in pellet form mine is a slab? I'm asking b/c I'm

not getting a very good hot throw at all like you all are saying?

Ravens, when I ordered last year, they listed your blend as Container, Votive & Tart. (I think those are the correct words) Then we ordered their new container blend which was awful. Now there are two separate items, either container or votive & tart wax. I think you are saying to order the votive & tart, they just removed the word container? I hope I'm explaining correctly!

Edited by ChandlerWicks

ChandlerWicks, you're right; they now have 3 waxes: (1)container - and we know how "good" that is :rolleyes2; (2) the votive/pillar wax - which I've never tried, and (3) the tart blend. The third one (tart blend) is my beloved wax, lol.

On the page (follow the link below), it is the one to your right. It reads "tart blend pellets" over the picture, and "Tart blend to make Tarts or Scent trays" below it:

http://www.thecandlesource.com/id77.html

hth :smiley2:

Ravens, when I ordered last year, they listed your blend as Container, Votive & Tart. (I think those are the correct words) Then we ordered their new container blend which was awful. Now there are two separate items, either container or votive & tart wax. I think you are saying to order the votive & tart, they just removed the word container? I hope I'm explaining correctly!

ChandlerWicks, you're right; they now have 3 waxes: (1)container - and we know how "good" that is :rolleyes2; (2) the votive/pillar wax - which I've never tried, and (3) the tart blend. The third one (tart blend) is my beloved wax, lol.

On the page (follow the link below), it is the one to your right. It reads "tart blend pellets" over the picture, and "Tart blend to make Tarts or Scent trays" below it:

http://www.thecandlesource.com/id77.html

hth :smiley2:

Ravens ~ I'll find out soon enough but what seems confusing is whether or not they changed the original tart/container/whatever blend that you originally had such good luck with or is this the same stuff with a different name? Do you know, by chance?

Ravens ~ I'll find out soon enough but what seems confusing is whether or not they changed the original tart/container/whatever blend that you originally had such good luck with or is this the same stuff with a different name? Do you know, by chance?

Jeanie, I am going to type something that may not be "very nice"; however, it's just a suspicion of mine, I could be "full of it", but that does not change what I supct, which is: there are still slabs available of "my" wax. I received one shipment only that was in pellets form; it wasn't a full case because it was a "rush" order, I was heading out of town, yada yada.

The slabs I know for sure are exactly the same wax I'm accustomed to; I cannot say positively that the pellets are also the very same wax, because although I've had no complaints and the tarts I made with the pellets seemed to perform as well as the slab, I did not make that many before I ran out of the pellets.

However, I just ordered a case; will see what I receive, and will post here. If I receive a box of pellets and they do not perform as well as my slabs, there shall be a "Come to Jesus" meeting with Loren:tiptoe:

Edited by Ravens

That could raise the next question of whether one performs better than the other (in the tart blend) of how we go about getting the same type each time. Also, causes me to wonder if, let's say the slab performs good, whether or not we will be able to continue to get it or if it is indeed left overs.

Depending which wax I get and how it performs, I may call TCS and ask if we can request either the pellet type or the slab on future orders.

mine is in slab form and I ordered it a while ago when Ravens was talking about how good it was. I'm thinking back then

it said container blend but could be used as a tart wax also. I don't remember them having just a tart wax when I ordered

this. Guess I'll be ordering there tart wax next and see if it's any better.

mine is in slab form and I ordered it a while ago when Ravens was talking about how good it was. I'm thinking back then

it said container blend but could be used as a tart wax also. I don't remember them having just a tart wax when I ordered

this. Guess I'll be ordering there tart wax next and see if it's any better.

I have the tart blend ordered. Hopefully, it has shipped already. I haven't received a notice but it may surprise me and just show up. I did use the original blend but didn't have the good luck with it Ravens did. Also, tried the new container after they changed formulas and won't be using that again. Do have hopes for the new stuff once it arrives. At least, I should be able to compare whether the new is better than the original. I will report after I try it out.

I'm wondering if some are having better results than others depending on the container blend mixed with it as well as using it alone. I'll be mixing a couple different container blends. Do want to try 4633 that FS had such good luck with. Which reminds me, I should get that ordered.

Good luck Cindy.

Mine arrived two days ago and is pastilles.

Did make up several combinations of for the container portion and will be testing it out against 4625 as the tart wax in the same combinations, probably this weekend or beginning next week.

Mine arrived two days ago and is pastilles.

Did make up several combinations of for the container portion and will be testing it out against 4625 as the tart wax in the same combinations, probably this weekend or beginning next week.

I will be eager to hear your results!