Last One, Really

Grumpy Girl

Okay, I'm officially bored with salt bars, so this is probably the last one for awhile. I changed the recipe, and they are great! I was worried about them not setting up and being crumbly but they are even better than the 100% coconut oil recipe. I made these for the CP swap. (Excuse my ghetto mold liner, Walmart bags are good for something.)

One of these days I'll get the swirl down. It kinda resembles the blob doesn't it? :D

For some reason mine always look better on the bottoms.

DSCF0996.jpg

DSCF1014.jpg

The recipe as follows:

Coconut Oil: 70%

Crisco: 5%

Babassu: 5%

Palm: 5%

Shea: 5%

Olive: 10%

Un-iodized salt equal to the weight of the oils

No water discount, CPOP.

Hey Grump!

I have a STOOPID question....whats all the rave about Salt Bars? I am really wondering ...are they better for the skin? Are they just used for exfoliation? Just asking beacuse I have never used one but see everyone making them! Yours look good!!!!!!!!

In all honesty Kim, I just did them as a jump off intro into CP because the recipe was so easy looking. They do leave my skin really soft and they do exfoliate a tiny bit, but I can't say thats due to anything other than beginners luck. I saw lots of raves about them, so I figured what the hell.

The mold is Kelsei, found here:

http://www.kelseiscreations.com/page3.html

This batch weighs in at roughly 8.75oz. each. I think it's safe to say I could cut my recipe back about 1/4.

Thanks everyone for the kind replies, now I'm off to try and find a good basic soap recipe to play around with, modify, perfect, and make my own.

Hey Grump!

I have a STOOPID question....whats all the rave about Salt Bars? I am really wondering ...are they better for the skin? Are they just used for exfoliation? Just asking beacuse I have never used one but see everyone making them! Yours look good!!!!!!!!

This batch weighs in at roughly 8.75oz. each. I think it's safe to say I could cut my recipe back about 1/4.

LOL, you just answered my question. Those bars look HUGE but that's because they are!

My salt bars crumbled when I cut them yours look very nice.

e

I actually just did a 2 lb recipe for soap, but I forgot to take into account that the salt added in equal amounts to the soap mix doubled the volume of the recipe. Oops. Next time I'll do a one pound batch and they should be normal.

I'm finding that with the Kelsei mold, I need to go way lower than the mold size of 2.5 lbs, to get a normal size bar.

Live and learn.