Wowzeers the CT!!!

FaithfulScenter

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GREAT point! (Leaving the lids off till totally cool!)

I just learned something that will make a big differance in how we finish off our jars!

I never thought of that!

Dave

Edited by emilyspoppy
Clarification.

GREAT point!

I just learned something that will make a big differance in how we finish off our jars!

I never thought of that!

Dave

Dave, which point are you referring to as being a GREAT point? I don't know if you've seen it yet, but in the lower right-hand corner of the comment you want to reply to you can click on the words "Reply With Quote" and it will include the quoted comment in your reply. It took me a while to find that myself when I was new here. ;)

UPDATE: Okay, now I see you've edited your comment about waiting to put the lids on. lol By the time I get around to putting my lids on, I still have great CT building up inside the jar.

Edited by HorsescentS

Dave, which point are you referring to as being a GREAT point? I don't know if you've seen it yet, but in the lower right-hand corner of the comment you want to reply to you can click on the words "Reply With Quote" and it will include the quoted comment in your reply. It took me a while to find that myself when I was new here. ;)

I was editing as you were composing!

Yep! I know about the reply with quote option. I just got so excited to learn something new I forgot.

My edited post would have cleared it up, but you didn't have the chance to see it before it showed up in the thread.

Enjoy your Ruby Red! I eat them like oranges! "Theys' swell !!!"

Dave

• 1 month later...

Just tested the

Blend 2) 60% straight paraffin with 40% 4625 and 1/2 tsp Vybar pp.

It was really strong the first hour then went downhill. Probably got 8 hrs out of it.

I had to try. Always looking for something better.

• 2 months later...

bumping this thread- just reviewed my notes after testing some of my melts, I've been thinking that my PB/Excel blend has been the best so far, but then noticed that ALL 5 that I tested with 3022/4794 (Cran Apple Marmalade, Black Rasp Vanilla and Sage and Lemongrass from Peak, and Hotel Costes and Snow Place Like Home from SC) were all strong and lasted a long time! Is this telling me something? This is making me rethink my wax blend and testing, and also making me a little crazy!! I just wish I could get the 3022 and 4794 at the same supplier!

I only read about 3/4 of this thread since it's 9 pages long lol but I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in .

I've always used 4794 since the beginning. But then again, I don't do containers or pillars. But I needed a wax that would make my life as simple as possible for multi purposes. Calms, dipped items, votives, etc. I can't remember if Vybar is in 4794 or not, but I do know it's a pre blend. I'm thinking it is in it. I've always had amazing CT and HT from almost every scent I've ever tried. Sure , out of trying about 400 total to either test or carry, sure I had a few that wouldn't have thrown if you'd stood on top of the Empire State building and threw the mess off LOL We all some FO's hate some waxes and there's nothing you can tweak or turn to make it work.

If someone has ever used 4794 AND added Vybar to it, can you tell me how it worked out for you? I've always been pleased with my wax and how it's acted, but if adding a lil vybar to it will push it into the stratosphere, I'm game ! Vybar is cheap LOL

Oh how I miss pouring! I have so many possibilities to try!! The past few weeks I have been digging through "the vault" trying out things I haven't tried in a while. The only thing is my notes are seriously lacking, so while I know the scent and the supplier, I'm not sure which wax blend they are. I really need to start labeling EVERY package, not just 1 from each batch. Hopefully this week I can get a small pouring station set up here at my in laws so I can feed my habit!