Bath Bombs and Bath Melts Pictures :)

SuzyK

I am working on getting my scent shop going again. I am making new items to add so I am not just going to be selling wax melts.

Here are some items I made yesterday.

The bath bombs were a little too wet so some of them cracked. I need to adjust my recipe. I think it may be in part that it's raining.

This was my first time making the bath melts and I think they turned out really well. They smell amazing. I used cocoa butter and then added Vanilla Bean fragrance and I want to eat them!

post-13101-139458507543_thumb.jpg

post-13101-139458507547_thumb.jpg

Edited by SuzyK

Thanks!

For the color I used liquid soap color from NG.

The bath melts are very similar to bath bombs but add more cocoa butter or whatever butter you like. If you search bunny's bath melts, you will get some great information. I kind of used the recipe that was posted but I didn't use the cornstarch. I don't like starches for the skin. They smell so so good. I am going to test them tonight. :)

Guest OldGlory

I love using bath melts - when I'm in a motel and don't have to clean the tub after I bathe. I also added citric acid to them so they fizzed a bit - I thought it dispersed the melting cocoa butter nicely.

Thank you! When I was making them, I just grabbed whatever mold I had that was small. I think I paid like $1 each for them at Joanns last year after Valentine's Day. They are the cookie candy molds. I want to get more because they are the perfect size for the bath melts. They work great for wax melts too. :)

I just looked them up and they are 40% off right now. http://www.joann.com/wilton-cookie-candy-mold-hearts/zprd_09726928a/

• 2 weeks later...

great idea for the bath melts! i always use the mini muffin cups but these are very cute!

i gave up on bath bombs a long time ago and just make them loose and package in tea bags! the weather here is too crazy for them to work!