Sharp XE-A402 Register

Tess

Does anyone have one of these? I just got mine a few months ago. I have used the basic stuff, but know I want to enter my stock like my votives and jars. I would love to use the barcode. Could someone give me a hand in programming it? I guess Sharp assumed everyone knew how to operate a top-of-the-line register :undecided

I don't have this particular register so I may not be of any help, but the one I have came with software so that all I have to do is fill in the info for each product and then upload it to my register. I think I had to do all my department keys first before I could upload it. FYI sharp has excellent customer service. My old register was this brand and when I couldn't figure out how to change the tax on a dept key or had issues with my plu's I called them and they walked me through it every step until I got it down.

Btw what software are you using for your barcodes.?

My sharp also came with a CD to program and the cable to connect it to my register and laptop to upload. I just load all of my information into the laptop and upload the information.

On my register it keeps everything in the memory from day one. So if you use it year after year your grand totals will be just that. What I like to do is at the end of each year I clear everything out and start fresh for the new year that way I can see from year to year what sell's and what dosen't. The only draw back to doing that is that you have to unplug it, take out the back up batteries the reload everything again into the register but since my information is saved on my laptop it makes it alot easier.

HTH

For my barcodes I use Avery. Nothing fancy.

It did come witht the software, but I cannot figure it out. I do not even know where to start. It lets me type in different depts. So I have one for Votives, and one Jars do far. So I go to the jars, and try to type in every FO in the jars, but it only lets me go to 20. It says there is capacity for like 1000 PLUs Ugh. So frustrating.