Bath bomb question...

ksranch

Definitely stand back, hold your breath or wear a mask when stirring in the SLSA or you will cough your head off girl! :) Hope your new bath bomb recipe rocks! :)

Oh yeah.  I've used it before to make bubble bars just not bath bombs.    Both the tapioca powder and slsa are both easily air born so I usually wear mask.

I did make some earlier today.  I am definitely out of practice. My recipe was too wet but I added more dry ingredients to it. We'll see how they are in the morning.  I made them about 5 hrs ago and so far so good.  I'm really excited about them!

Oh yeah.  I've used it before to make bubble bars just not bath bombs.    Both the tapioca powder and slsa are both easily air born so I usually wear mask.

I did make some earlier today.  I am definitely out of practice. My recipe was too wet but I added more dry ingredients to it. We'll see how they are in the morning.  I made them about 5 hrs ago and so far so good.  I'm really excited about them!

I am sure they will end up being wonderful! :) Let us know how they turned out. :)

I tested mine tonight and even though my skin feels wonderful, there's a chemicalish smell to my skin.  I had to put some of the body powder on to make it go away.  I'm not sure what I used that would make it smell that way.   I don't like that I wasted all those ingredients. :(   

I don't know that I really like having the SLSA in the recipe, or that it's necessary.   It didn't really add much to it.

Hi Suzy, you know all of us have had recipes turn out not so great on almost anything we have made and to the trash it goes. That is how a lot of us have become so successful....we do not give up! :) Sometimes we just gotta get back in there and go for round 2. Hang in there...you have the touch! You make beautiful products! :)

What other bubbling agents did you have in the product, because that's what slsa is good for honestly. If you had any cocomide whatever it is and/or something else (can't think of the name off the top of my head) then you wouldn't need that slsa. 

And how much did you put in? 

I don't have chemical smell at this end, and my recipe has some clay, milk(s), slsa and the usual stuff in it. 

I've made bath bombs a few times before and never had the chemical smell.   I had citric acid and SLSA but those were the only fizzing/bubbling agents in it.  I don't have my recipe in front of me but I think it called for 1.6 oz of slsa.   I had most of the usual ingredients too, baking soda, citric acid and a mix of oils and butters, plus the slsa. 

My skin feels great though.  :)

Suzy, you might want to try different FOs and EOs.. I have found that some FOs and EOs combine with bath bomb ingredients to give wired smells. Sometimes they get chemically or chalky smelling. Wish this wasn't true, but it just takes testing and trial and error to find the right combos. I'm sure you've never heard that before. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...