Question about Floating candles

My friends getting married this summer (July) and she is having an aquatic theme, she asked me and another friend of hers if we made floating candles which of course we don't.

But I was wondering is there or has anybody seen any like aquatic themed molds for floating candles???

I'm hesitant to do this but figure I have 6 months to test.

Thanks,

Mindy :smiley2:

We made floaters for a local craft store this year. They were x-mass trees. They would burn 2 1/2 to 3 hours. She told us later that her supplier was charging $3.00 each. We had only charged $.80!

We also made snowflake floaters.

For our Christmas centerpiece, we had a vase filled with water, cranberries, sprigs of holly and cranberry scented x-mass trees and snowflakes. We got alot of compliments on it.

The upside is that they'll probably want them unscented, or vanilla, since there will probably be food present. Plus, these are small candles, floating in water, so you really can't burn anything down with them. They'll only burn for a few hours, not 40 to 100 hrs, like a pillar or container. You should be able to do your testing quite thouroughly in a couple of days, rather than weeks.