Question about oils

Candle Man

I know that Fractionated Coconut Oil is a dry oil. What other oils are a dry oil?

I would like to mix more dry oils in my dry oil body spray.

Also where can I find Vitamin E oil. I have searched but all I could find are oils that have Vitamin E in them.

Candle Man

The main ingredient of a dry oil spray is usually cyclomethicone.

Yes I know that, I make my Body Spray now just with Cyclo & FO. I want to add other dry oils besides Fractionated Foconut Oil & Vitamin E. That way I can market my Body Spray with having moisturerizing properties & ingredents that are said to have certain healing properties.

I will tell about the ingredents properly, so my product won't be considered a Drug or Cosmetic.

Thanks for any help.

Candle Man

Candleman, I got a bottle of pure Vitamin E. oil at the Walmart. It comes with the dropper top and I believe is either 4oz or 6oz. Not sure if you are looking for more than that or not. It's a quick easy way to get it though. hth :wink2:

Thanks I will check them out.

What is the difference between Pure Vitamin E & Vitamin E Acetate?

Here is what one site says about Vitamin E Acetate Alpha tocopheryl acetate or Vitamin E Acetate is the stable form of Vitamin E most often used in cosmetic formulations for its skin care benefits.

BTW If I mix the Vitamin E with Cyclo for Body Spray how much or what % should I use?

Vit E Acetate is not natural, it is synthetic - not derived from natural sources. It's clear, instead of dark brown, as well. I get my Nat Vit E from MMS. I use approx 1/2 t per 4 oz of oil spray.

I find that grapeseed, while not a "dry" oil, per se, is a great, light, quickly absorbing oil that adds another dimension of moisturizing power in my dry oil spray.