Why choose Soy?

I obviously can't say this huge spill to a customer.

I think we can all agree to disagree. I'm in one part of the country. You are in another. Let's just do what we do and try to get along. There are so many other things to talk about other than this point you keep bringing up and it's not really what I was talking about in my OP. thank you to everyone for the help. I really do feel I have the correct message I want my business to portray. :-)

Let's do what we do without the soy chandlers lying to the customers about soy wax, and then we WILL get along.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's do what we do without the soy chandlers lying to the customers about soy wax, and then we WILL get along.

As I said in my OP. I'm not lying to anyone about anything. I do tell the truth and try to answer any question(s) a customer ask me to best of my abilities. So at least you have one "soy" chandler that speaks the truth.

As I said in my OP. I'm not lying to anyone about anything. I do tell the truth and try to answer any question(s) a customer ask me to best of my abilities. So at least you have one "soy" chandler that speaks the truth.

I know you're telling the truth, and you're not lying. Your questions showed you're searching for a way to answer your costumers truthfully about the benefits of buying your candles.

He is asking because he sells soy a newer and different wax than paraffin, beeswax, palm or others. Since soy is different he will advertise he makes soy candles and customers will say what's soy? why soy wax? is it better? smell stronger? burn better? And he can say what ever he thinks is best. Since he didn't know how to answer he asked us. I personally like soy because it throws better, is quickly renewable (true and sounds good), and cleans up with soap and water. At least mine are great, maybe his are too, I have Paraffin, Bees wax and Palm I can say they all Throw great, look beautiful and are easier to work with. JMHO

Today's farms can't even grow enough soy to make soy wax without using tons of gas and oil. Agriculture is one of the top three industries that use petroleum oils/liquid paraffin, and they've been using it for all kinds of sprays for the crops and soils since the 1800s. So, petroleum products are "rustic," which means pertaining to farming.

o...k...a...y... soooo... whats your point exactly?- I dont care - nobody on this thread cares and that has nothing to do with this thread anyway- how much gas or oil it takes to make any kind of wax has never been an "issue" for me

The only reason why I "cannot answer what makes soy candles better than other candles" is that soy candles are NOT better than other candles! So nobody can say that soy candles are better without lying to the customers.

I've burned enough candles, and done enough research about soy wax, to have an informed opinion about soy candles, so unlike you I did not fall for the hype.

It's obvious you need to work on your reading comprehension because you didn't understand the OP's question, so here it is again:

"I get this question all the rime at my craft shows. Peoplle come to my booth and say, 'What makes your candles or What makes soy better than other candles?' I try to answer the best way I can without pertepuating the lies and myths that soy is better or cleaner than parrifin.

"I am really stumped as to how to go about answering this question but at the same time answer the question truthfully and represent what my company is about and why I chose soy.

"Is there anyone that can give some insite into how to answer this question without putting other waxes down?"

I can see why he's having a hard time answering the second question above, "What makes soy better than other candles?" because soy simply is NOT better than other candles, period.

Now, as to his first question, "What makes your candles" better than other candles, that's not about soy, that's about how his candles burn, smell, look, and perform compared to other candles. So, if his candles throw a stronger scent, or he's got a better line of fragrances, or his candles look prettier, burn cleaner, etc, he can say that. But that's not about soy.

I really dont think anyone on this thread has made a "claim" of what is better....again your reading waaaayyyyyy to much into this and turning it into something that is only in your head!

I think the OP just made it very clear that YOU keep chasing your tail and KEEP bringing up over and over something he wasnt even asking anyway!

Your interpretation of soy candle makers on this thread lying about their product is just that....YOUR interpretation... to each his own - how about you start worrying about your product and dont be so concerned with us

I 100% agree with OP- I agree to disagree...with you

Guest OldGlory

Yikes, how childish. Are you a 4 yr old?

Funny thing is that YOU are the only one not getting along with others in a forum that doesnt even pertain to your business. You constantly accuse Soy chandlers of lying to their custmers just because you saw it on a few websites. Your stereotyping everyone here. How can you expect people to get along with you if you continually bash soy chandlers?

This has gone on long enough and the moderators should have stepped in long ago!!

Honestly, how much paraffin business have you lost to soy?

Funny thing is that YOU are the only one not getting along with others in a forum that doesnt even pertain to your business. You constantly accuse Soy chandlers of lying to their custmers just because you saw it on a few websites. Your stereotyping everyone here. How can you expect people to get along with you if you continually bash soy chandlers?

This has gone on long enough and the moderators should have stepped in long ago!!

Honestly, how much paraffin business have you lost to soy?

U ain't seen nothing yet, lol. This is mild.:laugh2:

I'm going to say it....it's a shame we lost such a great and informative member of this group because of the behavior from someone in this thread. :-(

I'm going to have to say this.........I don't know who you are referring to as to the behavior on this thread person nor the great and informative member. I'm going to assume we know who you are talking about with both and I need to say this statement could be wrong on two points. Also, could only be wrong on one...or none. All depends who you are talking about. Right now everyone is going to assume it is HS. That is not the case if you are referring to who I think you are referring to. I can't let this go by where someone gets blamed for something they didn't do.

Well, then it's just my opinion from what I saw. I stand by my opinion, and we can agree to disagree. :-)

You are entitled to your opinion, of course. I just wanted to make sure the facts of what took place with that particular person are known in that HS was not the reason the person is no longer posting.

Edited by jeanie353

Guest OldGlory

I'm still pretty new to this message board, but not new to all message boards pertaining to candlemaking, soapmaking, etc. Also, I speak to lots of people in real life about candlemaking, soapmaking, etc.

Let's be clear on something: On any message board, or in person to person real conversation, calling a group of people in general 'liars' is in poor taste, shows bad judgement, and a decided lack of maturity.

Well said oldglory-

And disagreeing politely is a wonderful thing- that's how we learn and see other ways to look at things and meanness CAN be done without around here so why it started per my politely disagreeing with HS accusing soy chandlers for the reason behind people not liking paraffin AND politely disagreeing with her perception of chefmoms comment to mean she couldn't stand behind a paraffin candle when paraffin was NOT even mentioned is beyond me....

And I will say when I am slapped and my perceptions are being insinuated as a liar OVER and OVER you better believe I WILL slap back

I'm going to have to say this.........I don't know who you are referring to as to the behavior on this thread person nor the great and informative member. I'm going to assume we know who you are talking about with both and I need to say this statement could be wrong on two points. Also, could only be wrong on one...or none. All depends who you are talking about. Right now everyone is going to assume it is HS. That is not the case if you are referring to who I think you are referring to. I can't let this go by where someone gets blamed for something they didn't do.

Thank you, Jeanie. I'm sure she's talking about a certain very rude and contentious soy chandler who left, and there were many posters here who clashed with her often and were totally fed up with her attacks. In fact, I heard a couple of the moderators finally confronted her and then she left after that.

I'm still pretty new to this message board, but not new to all message boards pertaining to candlemaking, soapmaking, etc. Also, I speak to lots of people in real life about candlemaking, soapmaking, etc.

Let's be clear on something: On any message board, or in person to person real conversation, calling a group of people in general 'liars' is in poor taste, shows bad judgement, and a decided lack of maturity.

Where did I say "ALL" the soy chandlers are lying? I'm referring in general to rampant problem that everyone is well-aware of in the industry IN GENERAL.

Edited by HorsescentS