Stir with what?

Hi Cheryl, That sounds good, but how do you clean it between batches or do you have one for each scent? I suppose one could melt it off in the oven or? Since most are wire, couldn't use the microwave. Just wondering as it sounds like it would work well. Thanks for the suggestion. Beth

:undecided I use a stainless steel spoon and clean it before each batch. I used to use a wooden spoon, but thought scents like cinnamon would effect the other batches. I do stir my wax a lot as the consistency changes before I pour. I Have not noticed any problems yet.

I dont use soy wax, but I currently use a stainless steel serving spoon I got from Target to mix my FO in. I actually have one for each pour-pot I have and they are only used fro candle-making (never for food).

I have also used wooden spoons and they worked just as well. Never carried scent over either.

I use a small paint stir stick. Wal Mart sells them in the craft section, then I just write the scent on the handle. No mixing of others, just for that fragrance and color.

I would think after a couple of batches the wood would soak up as much as it could and that would be it.

HTH

John