Calling all West/Central PA and Eastern Ohio

BACKWOODS

Who is your favorite candle supply biz in the area? Are you willing to travel to save on shipping charges? Who has the best shipping rates (are they willing to ship in flat rates boxes)? I am looking for anything from wax to jars, fragrances, etc....do you prefer one stop shopping (getting all your stuff from one place) or do you look for the best prices on everything and get them from all over.

I know that is alot of questions, but I just was wondering how everyone else is going about their purchasing.

thanks!

Well, I am in Northwestern PA, so the closest one to me would be Early American in Pittsburgh. I would love to be able to buy from Candles and Supplies, but they are in the eastern part of the states. Ohio might be closer, Natures Garden and Wholesale Supplies Plus are pretty close to each other. I am not doing candles any more right now (hopefully next year), but I am getting into soap and bath and body a little at a time. When I have the funds, I would like to make one or two trips a year and get enough supplies to last a while, kwim?

I like EZsoy from Bitter creek and their shipping isn't usually too bad, especially if you order over 200 pounds. I would call around and see if the companies offer lower shipping if you order so many pounds.

Steph

I would love one stop shopping but that isn't possible for me. I am in eastern Ohio. I live 45 minutes from WSP so I get quite a few things there including wax. Ohio Candles and Supplies is in my town so I purchase my container wax from them. All of my FOs are shipped to me from various suppliers out of state.:wink2:

Who is your favorite candle supply biz in the area? Are you willing to travel to save on shipping charges? Who has the best shipping rates (are they willing to ship in flat rates boxes)? I am looking for anything from wax to jars, fragrances, etc....do you prefer one stop shopping (getting all your stuff from one place) or do you look for the best prices on everything and get them from all over.

I know that is alot of questions, but I just was wondering how everyone else is going about their purchasing.

thanks!

I try to get as much as I can from Early American in North Hills part of PGH. Whenever I need anything, they seem to either have it or have a solution to any problem I have. Very good folk there, though the supplies guys close kind of early and the retail people don't know much about the supply side, but they are totally cool with you calling and asking questions or setting aside an order for you to pick up after hours or whatever. There isn't much I can't get from them and from what I've seen, their prices are decent, even without adding in shipping...

HTH