Will a bit of soy harden soft parafin?

QTsmum

I really like using 4627 in my melts but they are too soft to get out of the clamshell nicely. Will adding a bit of soy (I have 464 and Some CB Advance otw) help harden it? I have been using 4627 50/50 with 4786. I also did a 4786 - 464 mix and it is a lot easier to get out. Would adding like 25% 464 to my 4627 mix harden it enough to help, you think?

No I'm sorry I thought 4786 was a harder wax? 4625 is a pillar wax, very hard. Then disregard my 1st post if 4786 is soft like 4627.

Not nearly as soft as 4627, but it's not shatterable, hard. Kind of like butter that's been out of the freezer for an hour (lol!). You can cut it, but it needs some muscle or a hot knife.

Edited by QTsmum

Not nearly as soft as 4627, but it's not shatterable, hard. Kind of like butter that's been out of the freezer for an hour (lol!). You can cut it, but it needs some muscle or a hot knife.

For tarts I've seen people use only 25% or 30% of 4627 in their mixture. Have you tried 25% 4627 with 75% 4786? That might be hard enough.