Jump to content

aguadejamaica

Members
  • Content Count

    4
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About aguadejamaica

  • Rank
    New Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Thank you, it tunneled down to the bottom immediately when I burned it. Do you think the wick might be too small?
  2. Hi, so I made my first two candles yesterday with a candle making kit that uses NatureWax C6, which I read is a coconut/soy wax blend. There's not a lot of information about it when I do a google Craftserver search. I can't find how much soy is exactly in it either. Anyway, I heated 1lb of wax per the kit's instructions to 185 F and added 1 yellow dye chip, 1 oz fragrance oil called Passion Fruit/Guava and then poured (Again at the kit's instructions) to 145 F. I placed both candles in my dining room, my house is usually pretty cool with the AC on most times. Initially, I thought the candles looked great but later on in the evening, I got what I think is frosting but I'm not sure. Would it affect the quality of the burn or its just something unsightly? I know definitely there is cracking on the top that I will use a heat gun on. I've googled extensively what it could be but I want to be sure what (like the correct term, is it truly frosting, is it a wet spot, what is this?) of all I'm looking at so I can try to troubleshoot properly (pick another wax, cool lower/higher, etc.., or just move away from 100% soy) Can you someone give me the right terms to explain what's happening to my candles? This is day 2 of curing. The kit didn't say where to cure, to cover them with darkness or anything like that. Can I cure anywhere? I wanted to burn one candle later today ( as the kit said to wait at least 48 hours but 6 days is best for soy). And then burn the other candle 5 days from now and compare the two. The cold throw is strong for both of them which I am delighted. The attached picture is one of the candles, the other candle doesn't have as much of this occurrence like this picture.
  3. Hi! I'm from Los Angeles and I just made my first two candles today with a candle kit. I've been lurking this forum but I finally decided to join! Thank you all for being so helpful I did have a question. How do you all handle clean up, I found that after I was finished I had wax on my stove and my table. It's not hard to clean up but I'm wondering for future purposes, do you all have a dedicated work station for candle making? Also, can I use a gas stove or I have to use an electric stove. I used a electric stove today (I'm at my mom's house) but at my house, I have a gas stove.
×
×
  • Create New...