How do you display your clamshells and air fresheners at shows?

Alajane

I bought a tall spinner rack several years ago but somehow it always seemed to be in the way when I used it and melts never sold well for me. But I'm going to give them a try again now that Scentsy is so popular--people can't believe that I've been carrying them for 5 or 6 years and they're just now beginning to want them!

So I just ordered two tabletop spinner racks--hate to give up valuable table space but just wonder if they will work better for me. I think I'm going to take fewer scents this time, but more in each scent--each rack has 12 pegs so I may just use 12 fragrances and use the other spinner for air fresheners. Just wondering what others have found the best way to display these two items?

I have the floor spinner rack as my display. I love it! When I used to set up with just a single table (OMG I miss those simpler days!!) I would just pull the table back from the front of my space a little and put the spinner out just slightly into the aisle to catch customer's attention. One I got them to stop & would reel them in to look at everything else. It works well for me (repeat customers could look down the aisle at a show and find me easily!)

At shows where I was not able to do this (tables supplied and lined up by organizers with vendors "inside") I would just take the bottom pole out and use it as a table display or if it was the holidays I would bring 1-2 small "potted" artificial christmas trees and grab some battery operated lights to make them sparkle. I hang sample items on the trees with ornament hooks then either put a fanned out stack or a couple of shallow baskets of product in front to make them easy for the customers to grab.

Chris, I LOVE your display!!! I don't do a rustic theme but it gave me some ideas to improve my display with those same crates and make better use of my space. Thank you for sharing! Also, the idea to use the corrugated paper was brilliant. I am going to have to try that for my soaps. I have been looking for a way to keep them from sliding around on the shelf.

Chris, I LOVE your display!!! I don't do a rustic theme but it gave me some ideas to improve my display with those same crates and make better use of my space. Thank you for sharing! Also, the idea to use the corrugated paper was brilliant. I am going to have to try that for my soaps. I have been looking for a way to keep them from sliding around on the shelf.

Thanks! The crates could be used to make any type of look. If I was more of a modern or sophisticated look I would paint them black or white and use other type. Building the back of the display is so important. Many shows I do do not allow flat displays. Some of my displays I have used 11 crates on a 6 foot table.

I do like the floor spinner rack idea. If you happen to have a picture of it could you post??

Thanks

I, too, love that rustic display--and I have a few crates I never use because they seem so limiting--never thought about putting in a divider. I assume that's done by just nailing in a little bar of wood on the wide to hold a shelf in place? I didn't want to use the crates because there was so much "wasted" space above the products when you only put products on the bottom.

Here are pictures of both size racks--I copied them from the Store Supply Warehouse website from individual pictures, so I may not have them proportional--but from the description, the racks are the same size on both types of spinners.

post-578-139458472969_thumb.jpg

Thanks! The crates could be used to make any type of look. If I was more of a modern or sophisticated look I would paint them black or white and use other type.

I was thinking of staining my crates a darker color or with black stain to match my tall wrought iron and wood shelf that I use at the back or "booth" then adding the extra shelf either stained to match or cover the shelves in fabric to give it a little color. I would be leery of painting them because I know mine would get too much wear & tear and probably chip after a while. I think stain would hold up better, at least for me.

You've got my brain going a million miles an hour with possibilities right now. :yay:

• 1 month later...
That's the exact same one I have too. LOVE it because it breaks down into a big oversized totebag I have between shows for easy storage and lugging at shows.

I've been looking for a large bag to put mine in, but haven't found one large enough to hold the shelves yet. If you happen to know of somewhere I could find one, please let me know.

Jane

• 1 year later...

DH built these racks for me. Each peg holds 4 clamshells. The legs come off and each box has a cover. I fill them before I leave the house and haul extra clamshells in the types of totes you see in the photo under the rack on the right. I use a two wheel cart to get them into the show. I set them on a table, take the covers off and put the legs on. They are real time savers when it comes to setting up and tearing down. Once the show ends I'm ready to be gone. This picture was taken during set up. During the show the tables are covered and the totes are hidden. Now he thinks he should build one base that all three set in. It's the ever changing Clamshell display. Just thought I'd share.