Lush Dupes

I was told that Daystar had the Lush dupe for the Honey I washed the Kids...and I can not find it on her site anywhere. The link of Lush is gone. Anyone know what the scent actually is? Is it the Honey Almond, or is it more the oatmeal, milk and honey?

Or if you know any one who carries this, please let me know.

Thanks so much~

Here is a cheat sheet

At Last (compare to Alkmaar)

Aussie Sunset (compare to Uluru)

Blue Bubblegum Crush (compare to Candy Fluff)

Citrus Flurries (compare to Champagne Snow Showers)

Coco Loco Mama (compare to Floating Island)

Fluffy Almond Icing (compare to Snowcakes)

Frosty Musk (compare to Ice Blue)

Intoxication (compare to Bathos)

Intrigue (compare to Elixir)

Invigoration (compare to Avobath)

Jasmine-Honey (compare to Flying Fox)

Kazi-Kazi (compare to Karma)

Liquid Crack (compare to Rock Star)

Overzealous (compare to Trichomania)

Rain Forest (compare to Jungle)

Sheer Madness (compare to Fever)

Swimm Nekkid (compare to Skinny Dip)

Toffee-Sugar Crunch (compare to Honey I Washed the Kids)

Vanilla Rock n Roll (compare to American Cream)

Vanilla Sugar Dusk (compare to Snow Fairy)

Goldilocks (compare to porridge)

Galaxy of stars= Supernova

Stiletto Blonde=Sex Bomb

Space Whirls=Spice Curls

Flower Bomb=Flora Explosion

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
melt n pour...why is lush soap so expensive? :shocked2:

because people will pay it.

some things I'm willing to pay a premium for - aren't you? lotion and soaps could be priced like and sold as commodities, but they aren't for the simple reason that people don't think of them that way and so are willing to pay more for some than others, whether it's the brand, the marketing, the packaging, or the scent.

I love lush scents, and I buy lush products as a treat to myself. Even the soaps, tho they aren't as gentle as mine - cuz they smell delicious.

Edited by CareBear

• 2 months later...

I can answer why some people pay more for lush...

Marketing! Marketing! Marketing! You dont see their ads very much in public places, but they put alot of money into coaxing the "all natural" crowd into their stores, which is kinda funny when you start reading the ingredients and see they use SLS and such too. But nevertheless... they have the money to donate to causes that get them attention and get them in the news.

And.. their stores are gorgeous! Its an adult candy store. Colors everywhere, flashy names, flashy products, amazing smells, well versed staff, friendly staff.. they put as much attention or more into the store than they do their products and it shows, and it works! They choose location based on tourists, as well... if anyone has ever noticed that. They set up shop close to heavily trafficked tourist areas, always. Its in the companies business plan actually (yeah I'm a sneaky beast, I've read it. Its genious.)

I cant hate on Lush, I love what they have done. I want to someday do what they did. I want to get bigger, have my name be known and thought of as "luxury", but I dont want to lose my quality.. and they havent. I dont think their products are any better than anyone elses, but... they positioned themselves right, and it worked for them.

PS their soaps are not REALLY M&P... at least not in the way we think of it. They developed the soap base when they went palm free, they use the soap noodles. http://info.lush.co.uk/palmoil

I commend them for going Palm free. I did and never looked back.

Are they saying that ALL soap bases other than their own contains palm products? :confused: I'd like to see evidence of that. I didn't know all that about how palm farming is destroying some places. I was thinking about getting palm oil to try in some CP/HP soap recipes I've been wanting to play with, but I think I'll pass now.

Are they saying that ALL soap bases other than their own contains palm products? :confused: I'd like to see evidence of that. I didn't know all that about how palm farming is destroying some places. I was thinking about getting palm oil to try in some CP/HP soap recipes I've been wanting to play with, but I think I'll pass now.

I'm not sure they are saying that theirs is the only one that doesnt contain it, but they did claim they made the first.

I knew about palm oil from a MSNBC special report long before I started soap making but kinda forgot, until someone asked me about it at a show. Up until that I was using palm and it reminded me that it is an issue. There is sustainable palm, but its very very expensive and how can we REALLY know thats what we are getting?

I display a sign in my booth for people to learn more about it:

http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.121572766.jpg

I can answer why some people pay more for lush...

Marketing! Marketing! Marketing! You dont see their ads very much in public places, but they put alot of money into coaxing the "all natural" crowd into their stores, which is kinda funny when you start reading the ingredients and see they use SLS and such too. But nevertheless... they have the money to donate to causes that get them attention and get them in the news.

And.. their stores are gorgeous! Its an adult candy store. Colors everywhere, flashy names, flashy products, amazing smells, well versed staff, friendly staff.. they put as much attention or more into the store than they do their products and it shows, and it works! They choose location based on tourists, as well... if anyone has ever noticed that. They set up shop close to heavily trafficked tourist areas, always. Its in the companies business plan actually (yeah I'm a sneaky beast, I've read it. Its genious.)

I cant hate on Lush, I love what they have done. I want to someday do what they did. I want to get bigger, have my name be known and thought of as "luxury", but I dont want to lose my quality.. and they havent. I dont think their products are any better than anyone elses, but... they positioned themselves right, and it worked for them.

PS their soaps are not REALLY M&P... at least not in the way we think of it. They developed the soap base when they went palm free, they use the soap noodles. http://info.lush.co.uk/palmoil

I commend them for going Palm free. I did and never looked back.

So using Palm Wax would be a no-no too?

Has anyone used their scents for soy candles?

because people will pay it.

some things I'm willing to pay a premium for - aren't you? lotion and soaps could be priced like and sold as commodities, but they aren't for the simple reason that people don't think of them that way and so are willing to pay more for some than others, whether it's the brand, the marketing, the packaging, or the scent.

I love lush scents, and I buy lush products as a treat to myself. Even the soaps, tho they aren't as gentle as mine - cuz they smell delicious.

I know this is an older thread, but.....I'd been tempted to try out Lush soaps, but the black olive fiasco completely turned me off :(

So using Palm Wax would be a no-no too?

Has anyone used their scents for soy candles?

Yeah, same problem. But its all in personal preference. Some people don't think its a big deal, others are really passionate about it... personally after seeing how destructive it is, and how badly the workers who forest it are treated (its like blood diamonds. They are abused.) I refuse to use and buy palm products. But I don't judge anyone who does... and I don't think its possible to remove it from the market any time soon. Its in tons of foods, cookies and pastries... breads... its in Crisco now... its in ALOT of stuff we wouldn't even think, so the market is clearly out there and not going away fast.

I wish there were more sustainable farms, and I wish it was less expensive.. but the reason its cheap is because of the destructive way its grown. So to me, its a personal ethics question. Am I OK with supporting the destruction of rain forest, the killing of endangered animals, and the bad treatment of thousands of workers? No I am not.

Spectrum claims they are sustainable.. which is great. http://www.spectrumorganics.com/?id=269

But like I said before... we have no real way to know, so we have to take their word for it. I just choose to avoid it altogether.

http://www.rspo.org/ is a great resource for info on it too.... but they are owned/operated BY PO and PKO owners, growers, farmers... so its hard to believe some of what they say, for that reason.

Edited by LuminousBoutique